Lionli•on (lī′ən),USA pronunciation n.
- a large, usually tawny-yellow cat, Panthera leo, native to Africa and southern Asia, having a tufted tail and, in the male, a large mane.
- any of various related large wildcats, as the cougar.
- a man of great strength, courage, etc.
- a person of great importance, influence, charm, etc., who is much admired as a celebrity: a literary lion.
- the lion as the national emblem of Great Britain.
- (cap.) the constellation or sign of Leo.
- (cap.) a member of any one of the internationally affiliated service clubs(International Association of Lions Clubs) founded in 1917 and dedicated to promoting responsible citizenship, sound government, and community, national, and international welfare.
- a silver, Anglo-Gallic denier, issued during the reign of Henry III, bearing the figure of a lion.
- a gold coin of Scotland, issued c1400–1589, bearing the figure of a lion.
- any of various other coins bearing the figure of a lion.
- an object of interest or note.
- beard the lion in its den, to confront or attack someone, esp. a powerful or feared person, in that person's own familiar surroundings.
- twist the lion's tail, to tax the patience of or provoke a person, group, nation, or government, esp. that of Great Britain.
li′on•like′, li′on•ly, adj.
Witchwitch (wich),USA pronunciation n.
- a person, now esp. a woman, who professes or is supposed to practice magic, esp. black magic or the black art;
sorceress. Cf. warlock.
- an ugly or mean old woman;
hag: the old witch who used to own this building.
- a person who uses a divining rod;
- to bring by or as by witchcraft (often fol. by into, to, etc.): She witched him into going.
- [Archaic.]to affect as if by witchcraft;
- to prospect with a divining rod;
- of, pertaining to, or designed as protection against witches.
Wardrobeward•robe (wôr′drōb),USA pronunciation n., v., -robed, -rob•ing.
- a stock of clothes or costumes, as of a person or of a theatrical company.
- a piece of furniture for holding clothes, now usually a tall, upright case fitted with hooks, shelves, etc.
- a room or place in which to keep clothes or costumes.
- the department of a royal or other great household charged with the care of wearing apparel.
- See wardrobe trunk.
- a department in a motion-picture or television studio in charge of supplying and maintaining costumes: Report to wardrobe right after lunch.
- to provide with a wardrobe.
Moviemov•ie (mo̅o̅′vē),USA pronunciation n.
- See motion picture.
- motion-picture theater (often prec. by the): The movie is next-door to the hardware store.
- motion pictures, as an industry (usually prec. by the): The movies have had to raise prices.
- motion pictures, as a genre of art or entertainment: gangster movies.
- the exhibition of a motion picture: an evening at the movies.
Seriesse•ries (sēr′ēz),USA pronunciation n., pl. -ries, adj.
- a group or a number of related or similar things, events, etc., arranged or occurring in temporal, spatial, or other order or succession;
- a number of games, contests, or sporting events, with the same participants, considered as a unit: The two baseball clubs played a five-game series.
- a set, as of coins or stamps.
- a set of successive volumes or issues of a periodical published in like form with similarity of subject or purpose.
- a daily or weekly program with the same cast and format and a continuing story, as a soap opera, situation comedy, or drama.
- a number of related programs having the same theme, cast, or format: a series of four programs on African wildlife.
- a sequence of terms combined by addition, as 1 + ½ + ¼ + &fracnumer;
- See infinite series.
- a succession of coordinate sentence elements.
- a division of stratified rocks that is of next higher rank to a stage and next lower rank to a system, comprising deposits formed during part of a geological epoch.
- an end-to-end arrangement of the components, as resistors, in a circuit so that the same current flows through each component. Cf. parallel (def. 13).
- a group of related chemical elements arranged in order of increasing atomic number: the lanthanide series.
- consisting of or having component parts connected in series: a series circuit; a series generator.
Growinggrow•ing (grō′ing),USA pronunciation adj.
- becoming greater in quantity, size, extent, or intensity: growing discontent among industrial workers.
- having or showing life.
Upup (up),USA pronunciation adv., prep., adj., n., v., upped, up•ping.
- to, toward, or in a more elevated position: to climb up to the top of a ladder.
- to or in an erect position: to stand up.
- out of bed: to get up.
- above the horizon: The moon came up.
- to or at any point that is considered higher.
- to or at a source, origin, center, or the like: to follow a stream up to its source.
- to or at a higher point or degree, as of rank, size, value, pitch, loudness, brightness, maturity, or speed:to move up in a firm;
to pump up a tire;
to turn a lantern up;
Prices are going up. Speak up! Hurry up!
in a leading position in a competition: He managed to get up on his opponent by three points.
- in continuing contact, esp. as reflecting continuing awareness, knowledge, etc.: to keep up with the latest developments in mathematics.
- into or in activity, operation, etc.: to set up vibrations.
- into a state of emotional agitation or distress: His insults left her all roiled up.
- into existence, visible form, etc.: His sample was worked up in the studio.
- into view, prominence, or consideration: The lost papers have turned up.
- into or in a place of safekeeping, storage, retirement, etc.: to lay up riches; to put up preserves.
- into or in a state of union, contraction, etc.: to add up a column of figures; to fold up.
- to the required or final point: to pay up one's debts; burned up.
- to a state of completion;
to an end: She finished it all up.
- to a halt: The riders reined up and dismounted.
- [Baseball.]being the player or team batting;
- (used as a function word for additional emphasis, sometimes prec. by it): Go wake your father up. What plugged it up? We laughed it up.
- ahead of an opponent or opponents in points, games, etc.: The golfer was two strokes up on his nearest competitor.
apiece: The score was seven up in the final quarter.
- (of machines or equipment, as computers) working;
in working order or in operation.
- [Informal.]without the addition of ice;
straight up: Bring me a martini, up.
- [Naut.]toward the wind: Put the helm up.
- all up with, at or approaching the end of;
with defeat or ruin imminent for: He realized it was all up with him when the search party began to close in.
- go up in one's lines. See line 1 (def. 58).
- up against, faced or confronted with: They were up against formidable obstacles.
- up against it, in a difficult situation, esp. in financial straits: There was no one to help him when he was up against it.
- up and around, recovered from an illness;
able to leave one's bed. Also, up and about.
- up and down:
- back and forth;
backward and forward: He paced up and down.
- from top to bottom or head to toe: She looked me up and down before replying.
- up for, considered as eligible or as a possibility for (something): The child is up for adoption. Three actresses are up for the role.
- up to:
- as far as or approaching (a certain part, degree, point, etc.): She went wading up to her knees. I am up to the eighth lesson.
- in full realization or attainment of: He worked up to president of the company.
- as many as;
to the limit of: The car will seat up to five persons.
- having adequate powers or ability for;
equal to: He didn't think I was up to the job.
- the duty or responsibility of;
incumbent upon: It's up to you to break the news to him.
- engaged in;
doing: What have you been up to lately?
- to, toward, or at an elevated place on or in: They went up the stairs. The cat is up the tree.
- to, toward, or at a high or higher station, condition, or rank on or in: He is well up the social ladder.
- at or to a farther point or higher place on or in: She is up the street. I'm going up the street.
- toward the source, origin, etc., of: up the stream.
- toward a particular direction or in the interior of, as a region or territory: The explorers were up north.
- in a course or direction that is contrary to that of: to row up the current.
- up your ass, [Slang](vulgar). See shove (def. 6). Also, up yours.
- moving in or related to a direction that is up or is regarded as up: the up elevator; the up train traveling north; the up platform of a railroad station.
aware (usually fol. by on or in): She is always up on current events.
terminated: The game is up. Your hour is up.
- going on or happening;
occurring: What's up over there?
- having a high position or station: He is up in society.
- in an erect, vertical, or raised position: The gate at the railroad crossing is up. The tent is up.
- above the earth or ground: The corn is up and ready to be harvested.
- in the air;
aloft: The meteorological balloons are up. The airplanes are up for their reconnaissance flights.
- (of heavenly bodies) risen above the horizon: The sun is up.
- awake or out of bed: to be up with insomnia.
- mounted on horseback: He knows which jockeys are up in every race.
- (of water in natural bodies) high with relation to the banks or shore: The tide is up.
constructed: The new museum is up and open to the public.
- facing upward: He is resting and his face is up.
- See sunnyside up.
- (of roads, highways, etc.) having the surface broken or removed (usually used in combination): a torn-up road.
- in revolt, mutiny, or rebellious agitation: Many territories were up and preparing to send troops against the government.
- in a state of agitation: Beware of him when his temper is up.
- [Informal.]cheerful or optimistic;
- [Informal.]productive, favorable, or profitable: a string of up months for the company.
- afoot or amiss: Her nervous manner told me that something was up.
- in a state of enthusiastic or confident readiness (usually fol. by for): The team was definitely up for the game.
on the way: She was on a ship up for Australia.
- resolved in an unfavorable or undesired way: They knew that their game was up.
- higher than formerly in cost, amount, degree, etc.: The price of meat was up.
- (of age) advanced (usually fol. by in): He is rather spry for a man so up in years.
- active: The captain wished to set sail as soon as the wind was up.
- in a legal proceeding as defendant: He is up for murder.
- in operation or ready for use: The theater's lights are up.
- (of points or other standards used to determine the winner in a competition) ahead;
in advance: He won the game with two points up over his opponent.
- considered or under consideration: a candidate up for reelection; a bill that is up before Congress.
bet: He won all the money up in the game.
- living or located inland or on elevated ground: They live in a village two miles up from the coast.
- (used with a preceding numeral to indicate that a score is tied in a competition): It was 10 up at the end of the first half.
- ahead of an opponent or opponents: They scored three times in a row to go two up.
- straight up. See straight (def. 38).
- up and doing, [Informal.]actively engaged;
busy: During her convalescence she longed to be up and doing.
- an upward movement;
- a rise of fortune, mood, etc.
- a time of good fortune, prosperity, or happiness: He has had more ups than downs in his career.
- an upbound means of public transportation, as a train or bus.
- [Informal.]a feeling or state of happiness, exuberance, or elation.
- [Slang.]upper (def. 10).
- a person or thing that is in a favorable position of wealth, fortune, etc.: People who were ups in the business world suffered losses in the economic depression.
- an upward slope;
- an upward course or rise, as in price or value: The landlord promised his tenants there would be no further ups in the rent this year.
- on the up and up, [Informal.]frank;
sincere: He seems to be on the up and up.Also, on the up-and-up.
- to put or take up.
- to make larger;
step up: to up output.
- to raise;
go better than (a preceding wager): to up the ante.
- [Informal.]to start up;
begin something abruptly (usually fol. by and and another verb): Then he upped and ran away from home.
- (often used imperatively or hortatively) to rise up: Up, men, and fight until all the enemy are defeated!
Hello guys, this blog post is about Lion Witch Wardrobe Movie Series #3 Growing Up .. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 756 x 1261. This blog post's file size is just 158 KB. If You decided to save It to Your laptop, you should Click here. You may too download more pictures by clicking the image below or read more at this post: Lion Witch Wardrobe Movie Series.
Everyone understands that Lion Witch Wardrobe Movie Series color is one of many most significant elements in making a beautiful bedroom layout. Colour can be an indispensable portion for making , designing or remodeling patterns, so choosing the hues that are right should be considered.
The bed room is actually a position where we relax, a haven where we sleep whenever we are sick, or perhaps when we are tired, tired of the everyday routine. The bedroom may be the place where we desired simply, study a well liked novel or to be alone remain silent. Bedrooms must be a location that may make us feel relaxed.
As mentioned in the last guide, the colour could force impact on feeling, understanding and conversation. In deciding on the best shade on your family rooms consequently, you need to pay specific focus.
Related Posts on Lion Witch Wardrobe Movie Series #3 Growing Up .
- Granite Shower
- Happy Garden Norman
- Flyer Garage Sale
- Fyfield Sofa
- Cheap Bamboo Rugs
- Ikea Klobo Slipcover
- Juicy Couture Quilted Diaper Bag
- Make A Lamp From A Vase
- Leather Folding Chair
- Bench Press Shoulder Blades
- Ifloat Water Mat
- Bedroom Design Blue And White
- Best Low Light Camcorder
- Lowes Patio Tiles
- How To Paint Plywood Floors
- Best Pillow For Neck Injury