GeorgeGeorge ( jôrj),USA pronunciation n.
- a figure of St. George killing the dragon, esp. one forming part of the insignia of the Order of the Garter.
- [Brit. Slang.]any coin bearing the image of St. George.
- a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter G.
- an automatic pilot on an airplane.
- by George! [Chiefly Brit. Informal.](an exclamation used to express astonishment, approval, etc.)
George ( jôrj; for 4 also Ger. gā ōr′gə),USA pronunciation n.
- David Lloyd. See Lloyd George, David.
- Henry, 1839–97, U.S. economist: advocate of a single tax.
- Saint, died a.d. 303?, Christian martyr: patron saint of England.Ste•fan An•ton (shte′fän än′tōn),USA pronunciation 1868–1933, German poet.
- Lake, a lake in E New York. 36 mi. (58 km) long.
- a male given name: from a Greek word meaning "farmer.''
by George! [Chiefly Brit. Informal.](an exclamation used to express astonishment, approval, etc.)
Plumbingplumb•ing (plum′ing),USA pronunciation n.
- the system of pipes and other apparatus for conveying water, liquid wastes, etc., as in a building.
- the work or trade of a plumber.
- act of a person who plumbs, as in ascertaining depth.
Customcus•tom (kus′təm),USA pronunciation n.
- a habitual practice;
the usual way of acting in given circumstances.
- habits or usages collectively;
- a practice so long established that it has the force of law.
- such practices collectively.
- a group pattern of habitual activity usually transmitted from one generation to another.
- (used with a sing. or pl. v.) duties imposed by law on imported or, less commonly, exported goods.
- (used with a sing. v.) the government department that collects these duties.
- (used with a sing. v.) the section of an airport, station, etc., where baggage is checked for contraband and for goods subject to duty.
- regular patronage of a particular shop, restaurant, etc.
- the customers or patrons of a business firm, collectively.
- the aggregate of customers.
- (in medieval Europe) a customary tax, tribute, or service owed by peasants to their lord.
- made specially for individual customers: custom shoes.
- dealing in things so made, or doing work to order: a custom tailor.
Wordword (wûrd),USA pronunciation n.
- a unit of language, consisting of one or more spoken sounds or their written representation, that functions as a principal carrier of meaning. Words are composed of one or more morphemes and are either the smallest units susceptible of independent use or consist of two or three such units combined under certain linking conditions, as with the loss of primary accent that distinguishes black′bird′ from black′ bird′. Words are usually separated by spaces in writing, and are distinguished phonologically, as by accent, in many languages.
- speech or talk: to express one's emotion in words; Words mean little when action is called for.
- the text or lyrics of a song as distinguished from the music.
- contentious or angry speech;
a quarrel: We had words and she walked out on me.
- a short talk or conversation: Marston, I'd like a word with you.
- an expression or utterance: a word of warning.
- warrant, assurance, or promise: I give you my word I'll be there.
information: We received word of his death.
- a verbal signal, as a password, watchword, or countersign.
- an authoritative utterance, or command: His word was law.
- Also called machine word. a string of bits, characters, or bytes treated as a single entity by a computer, particularly for numeric purposes.
- (cap.) Also called the Word, the Word of God.
- the Scriptures;
- the Logos.
- the message of the gospel of Christ.
- a proverb or motto.
- at a word, in immediate response to an order or request;
in an instant: At a word they came to take the situation in hand.
- be as good as one's word, to hold to one's promises.
- eat one's words, to retract one's statement, esp. with humility: They predicted his failure, but he made them eat their words.
- have a word, to talk briefly: Tell your aunt that I would like to have a word with her.
- have no words for, to be unable to describe: She had no words for the sights she had witnessed.
- in a word, in summary;
in short: In a word, there was no comparison.Also, in one word.
- in so many words, in unequivocal terms;
explicitly: She told them in so many words to get out.
- keep one's word, to fulfill one's promise: I said I'd meet the deadline, and I kept my word.
- man of his word or woman of her word, a person who can be trusted to keep a promise;
a reliable person.
- of few words, laconic;
taciturn: a woman of few words but of profound thoughts.
- of many words, talkative;
wordy: a person of many words but of little wit.
- put in a good word for, to speak favorably of;
commend: He put in a good word for her with the boss.Also, put in a word for.
- take one at one's word, to take a statement to be literal and true.
- take the words out of one's mouth, to say exactly what another person was about to say.
- weigh one's words, to choose one's words carefully in speaking or writing: It was an important message, and he was weighing his words.
- to express in words;
select words to express;
phrase: to word a contract with great care.
- my word! or upon my word! (used as an exclamation of surprise or astonishment.)
CaliforniaCal•i•for•nia (kal′ə fôrn′yə, -fôr′nē ə),USA pronunciation n.
Cal′i•for′nian, adj., n.
- a state in the W United States, on the Pacific coast. 23,668,562;
158,693 sq. mi. (411,015 sq. km). Cap.: Sacramento. Abbr.: CA (for use with zip code), Cal., Calif.
- Gulf of, an arm of the Pacific Ocean, extending NW between the coast of W Mexico and the peninsula of Lower California. ab. 750 mi. (1207 km) long;
62,600 sq. mi. (162,100 sq. km).
Serviceserv•ice1 (sûr′vis),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., -iced, -ic•ing.
- an act of helpful activity;
aid: to do someone a service.
- the supplying or supplier of utilities or commodities, as water, electricity, or gas, required or demanded by the public.
- the providing or a provider of accommodation and activities required by the public, as maintenance, repair, etc.: The manufacturer guarantees service and parts.
- the organized system of apparatus, appliances, employees, etc., for supplying some accommodation required by the public: a television repair service.
- the supplying or a supplier of public communication and transportation: telephone service; bus service.
- the performance of duties or the duties performed as or by a waiter or servant;
occupation or employment as a waiter or servant.
- employment in any duties or work for a person, organization, government, etc.
- a department of public employment, an administrative division of a government, or the body of public servants in it: the diplomatic service.
- the duty or work of public servants.
- the serving of a sovereign, state, or government in some official capacity.
- the armed forces: in the service.
- a branch of the armed forces, as the army or navy: Which service were you in during the war?
- [Ordn.]the actions required in loading and firing a cannon: service of the piece.
- Often, services. the performance of any duties or work for another;
helpful or professional activity: medical services.
- something made or done by a commercial organization for the public benefit and without regard to direct profit: Certain books are published at a loss as a public service.
- Also called divine service. public religious worship according to prescribed form and order.
- a ritual or form prescribed for public worship or for some particular occasion: the marriage service.
- the serving of God by obedience, piety, etc.: voluntary service.
- a musical setting of the sung portions of a liturgy.
- a set of dishes, utensils, etc., for general table use or for particular use: a tea service; service for eight.
- See answering service.
- the serving of a process or writ upon a person.
- tarred spun yarn or other small stuff for covering the exterior of a rope.
- (in tennis, badminton, handball, etc.)
- the act or manner of putting the ball or shuttlecock into play;
- the ball or shuttlecock as put into play.
- the mating of a female animal with the male.
- at someone's service, ready to be of help or use to someone;
at one's disposal: You will have an English-speaking guide at your service.
- be of service, to be helpful or useful: If we can be of service, do not hesitate to call.
- of service;
- of, pertaining to, or used by servants, delivery people, etc., or in serving food: service stairs; the service pieces in a set of dishes.
- supplying aids or services rather than products or goods: Medicine is one of the service professions.
- supplying maintenance and repair: He operates a service center for electrical appliances.
- of, for, or pertaining to the armed forces of a country or one of them: a service academy.
- charged for providing service: a service fee of 15 percent on the restaurant check.
- providing, authorizing, or guaranteeing service: a service industry; a service contract.
- to make fit for use;
restore to condition for service: to service an automobile.
- to supply with aid, information, or other incidental services.
- (of a male animal) to mate with (a female animal).
- [Finance.]to pay off (a debt) over a period of time, as by meeting periodic interest payments.
Repairre•pair1 (ri pâr′),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to restore to a good or sound condition after decay or damage;
mend: to repair a motor.
- to restore or renew by any process of making good, strengthening, etc.: to repair one's health by resting.
- to remedy;
make up for: to repair damage; to repair a deficiency.
- to make amends for;
compensate: to repair a wrong done.
- an act, process, or work of repairing: to order the repair of a building.
- Usually, repairs.
- an instance or operation of repairing: to lay up a boat for repairs.
- a repaired part or an addition made in repairing: 17th-century repairs in brick are conspicuous in parts of the medieval stonework.
- repairs, (in bookkeeping, accounting, etc.) the part of maintenance expense that has been paid out to keep fixed assets in usable condition, as distinguished from amounts used for renewal or replacement.
- the good condition resulting from continued maintenance and repairing: to keep in repair.
- condition with respect to soundness and usability: a house in good repair.
re•pair′a•bil′i•ty, re•pair′a•ble•ness, n.
Hello there, this picture is about George Salet Plumbing #3 Custom Word California Service & Repair Contract. This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 617 x 799. This image's file size is just 90 KB. Wether You desired to download This post to Your computer, you might Click here. You also too see more attachments by clicking the following picture or read more at this post: George Salet Plumbing.
Are you having problems determining which lamps will undoubtedly be selected for your George Salet Plumbing #3 Custom Word California Service & Repair Contract, or simply just the top illumination design for you personally? Properly, today is your happy time since we will provide you with four incredible tips on how to pick the perfect light for the bedroom! Plan lights are a must in almost any room.
Nonetheless, sometimes it is not enough, so that you must look into it to consider exactly how many evidently illuminated sites you ought to have inside your bedroom. You can go with ways that are diverse and choose to use only a little wall sconce a lamp as your bedroom lamp.
The biggest thing would be to choose the option that best matches your needs whether their room or appearance is associated. It is very important to decide why the particular light is put here and never there.
Relevant Ideas on George Salet Plumbing #3 Custom Word California Service & Repair Contract
- Curtains White And Black
- Living Room Blanket Storage Ideas
- Make A Lamp From A Vase
- Milpitas Food Pantry
- Cheap Metal Ceiling Tiles
- How To Straighten Teeth At Home
- Cottage Cheese Calories 1 Cup
- Local Mattress Store
- Brick Outdoor Fireplace
- Ideas For Living Room Decorations
- Apartment Size Dining Table
- A1 Audi Interior
- Orange King Size Comforter
- Camas Homes For Sale
- Gas Fireplace Insert Efficiency
- Diy Slipcover