Beautifulbeau•ti•ful (byo̅o̅′tə fəl),USA pronunciation adj.
- having beauty;
having qualities that give great pleasure or satisfaction to see, hear, think about, etc.;
delighting the senses or mind: a beautiful dress; a beautiful speech.
- excellent of its kind: a beautiful putt on the seventh hole; The chef served us a beautiful roast of beef.
very pleasing or satisfying.
- the concept of beauty (usually prec. by the).
- (used with a pl. v.) beautiful things or people collectively (usually prec. by the): the good and the beautiful.
- the ideal of beauty (usually prec. by the): to strive to attain the beautiful.
fantastic: You got two front-row seats? Beautiful!
incredible: used ironically: Your car broke down in the middle of the freeway? Beautiful!
LloydLloyd (loid),USA pronunciation n.
- [Welsh Legend.]Llwyd.Harold (Clay•ton) (klāt′n),USA pronunciation 1894–1971, U.S. actor. (John)Sel•wyn (Brooke) (sel′win),USA pronunciation 1904–78, British statesman.
- a male given name: from a Welsh word meaning "gray.''
Laylay1 (lā),USA pronunciation v., laid, lay•ing, n.
- to put or place in a horizontal position or position of rest;
set down: to lay a book on a desk.
- to knock or beat down, as from an erect position;
strike or throw to the ground: One punch laid him low.
- to put or place in a particular position: The dog laid its ears back.
- to cause to be in a particular state or condition: Their motives were laid bare.
- to set, place, or apply (often fol. by to or on): to lay hands on a child.
- to dispose or place in proper position or in an orderly fashion: to lay bricks.
- to place on, along, or under a surface: to lay a pipeline.
- to establish as a basis;
set up: to lay the foundations for further negotiations.
- to present or submit for notice or consideration: I laid my case before the commission.
- to present, bring forward, or make, as a claim or charge.
- to impute, attribute, or ascribe: to lay blame on the inspector.
- to bury: They laid him in the old churchyard.
- to bring forth and deposit (an egg or eggs).
- to impose as a burden, duty, penalty, or the like: to lay an embargo on oil shipments.
- to place dinner service on (a table);
- to place on or over a surface, as paint;
cover or spread with something else.
- to devise or arrange, as a plan.
- to deposit as a wager;
bet: He laid $10 on the horse.
- to set (a trap).
- to place, set, or locate: The scene is laid in France.
- to smooth down or make even: to lay the nap of cloth.
- to cause to subside: laying the clouds of dust with a spray of water.
- to have sexual intercourse with.
- to bring (a stick, lash, etc.) down, as on a person, in inflicting punishment.
- to form by twisting strands together, as a rope.
- to move or turn (a sailing vessel) into a certain position or direction.
- to aim a cannon in a specified direction at a specified elevation.
- to put (dogs) on a scent.
- to lay eggs.
- to wager or bet.
- to apply oneself vigorously.
- to deal or aim blows vigorously (usually fol. by on, at, about, etc.).
- [South Midland U.S.]to plan or scheme (often fol. by out).
- [Midland and Southern U.S.](of the wind) to diminish;
subside: When the wind lays, it'll rain.
- to take up a specified position, direction, etc.: to lay aloft; to lay close to the wind.
- get laid, Slang (vulgar). to have sexual intercourse.
- lay aboard, (formerly, of a fighting ship) to come alongside (another fighting ship) in order to board.
- lay about one:
- to strike or aim blows in every direction.
- to proceed to do;
- lay a course:
- [Naut.]to sail in the desired direction without tacking.
- to proceed according to a plan.
- lay aside:
- to abandon;
- to save for use at a later time;
store: to lay aside some money every month.
- lay away:
- to reserve for later use;
- to hold merchandise pending final payment or request for delivery: to lay away a winter coat.
- to bury: They laid him away in the tomb.
- lay back, [Slang.]to relax.
- lay by:
- to put away for future use;
save: She had managed to lay by money for college from her earnings as a babysitter.
- [Naut.](of a sailing vessel) to come to a standstill;
- [Midland and Southern U.S.]to tend (a crop) for the last time, leaving it to mature without further cultivation.
- lay close, (of a sailing vessel) to sail close to the wind.
- lay down:
- to give up;
yield: to lay down one's arms.
- to assert firmly;
state authoritatively: to lay down rigid rules of conduct.
- to stock;
store: to lay down wine.
- [Shipbuilding.]to draw at full size (the lines of a hull), as on the floor of a mold loft;
- lay for, [Informal.]to wait for in order to attack or surprise;
lie in wait for: The police are laying for him.
- lay in, to store away for future use: We laid in a supply of canned goods.
- lay into, [Informal.]to attack physically or verbally;
assail: He laid into the opposition with fiery words.
- lay it on, to exaggerate in one's speech or actions, esp. to engage in exaggerated flattery or reproof: She was glad to be told what a splendid person she was, but they didn't have to lay it on so much.Also, lay it on thick.
- lay low. See low 1 (defs. 44, 45).
- lay off:
- to dismiss (an employee), esp. temporarily because of slack business.
- [Informal.]to cease or quit: He promised to lay off drinking.
- [Slang.]to stop annoying or teasing: Lay off me, will you?
- [Informal.]to stop work: They laid off at four and went home.
- to put aside or take off.
- to mark off;
- [Slang.]to give or hand over;
pass on: They laid off their old sofa on the neighborhood recreation center.
- (of a bookmaker) to transfer all or part of (a wager) to other bookmakers in order to be protected against heavy losses.
- to get rid of or transfer (blame, responsibility, etc.): He tried to lay off the guilt for the crime on his son.
- [Naut.]to sail away from.
- [Naut.]to remain stationary at a distance from.
- [Shipbuilding.]See lay 1 (def. 46d).
- lay on:
- to cover with;
apply: to lay on a coat of wax.
- to strike blows;
attack violently: When the mob became unruly, the police began to lay on.
- [Naut.]to sail toward.
- [Naut.]to row (an oar) with a full stroke.
- [Slang.]to tell, impart, or give to: Let me lay a little good advice on you.
- [Chiefly Brit. Informal.]to provide as a gift, bonus, or treat;
treat: The owners laid on a Christmas dinner for the employees.
- lay oneself out, [Informal.]to try one's best;
make a great effort: They laid themselves out to see that the reception would be a success.
- lay open:
- to cut open: to lay open an area of tissue with a scalpel.
- to expose;
reveal: Her autobiography lays open shocking facts about her childhood.
- to expose or make vulnerable, as to blame, suspicion, or criticism: He was careful not to lay himself open to charges of partiality.
- lay out:
- to extend at length.
- to spread out in order;
- to plan;
- to ready (a corpse) for burial.
- [Informal.]to spend or contribute (money).
- [Slang.]to knock (someone) down or unconscious.
- [Slang.]to scold vehemently;
reprimand: Whenever I come home late from school, my mom really lays me out.
- to make a layout of.
- [Chiefly South Midland and Southern U.S.]to absent oneself from school or work without permission or justification;
- lay over:
- to be postponed until action may be taken: The vote will have to be laid over until next week.
- to make a stop, as during a trip: We will have to lay over in Lyons on our way to the Riviera.
- lay siege to. See siege (def. 8).
- lay to:
- [Naut.]to check the motion of (a ship).
- [Naut.]to put (a ship) in a dock or other place of safety.
- to attack vigorously.
- to put forth effort;
- lay up:
- to put away for future use;
- to cause to be confined to bed or kept indoors;
- [Naut.]to retire (a ship) from active use.
- [Naut.](of a ship) to be retired from active use.
- to construct (a masonry structure): The masons laid the outer walls up in Flemish bond.
- to apply (alternate layers of a material and a binder) to form a bonded material.
- the way or position in which a thing is laid or lies: the lay of the land.
- a partner in sexual intercourse.
- an instance of sexual intercourse.
- [Ropemaking.]the quality of a fiber rope characterized by the degree of twist, the angles formed by the strands, and the fibers in the strands.
- Also called lay-up, spread. (in the garment industry) multiple layers of fabric upon which a pattern or guide is placed for production-line cutting.
- batten3 (defs. 1, 2).
- a share of the profits or the catch of a whaling or fishing voyage, distributed to officers and crew.
Youryour (yŏŏr, yôr, yōr; unstressed yər),USA pronunciation pron.
- (a form of the possessive case of you used as an attributive adjective): Your jacket is in that closet. I like your idea.Cf. yours.
- one's (used to indicate that one belonging to oneself or to any person): The consulate is your best source of information. As you go down the hill, the library is on your left.
- (used informally to indicate all members of a group, occupation, etc., or things of a particular type): Take your factory worker, for instance. Your power brakes don't need that much servicing.
Headhead (hed),USA pronunciation n.
- the upper part of the body in humans, joined to the trunk by the neck, containing the brain, eyes, ears, nose, and mouth.
- the corresponding part of the body in other animals.
- the head considered as the center of the intellect, as of thought, memory, understanding, or emotional control;
brain: She has a good head for mathematics. Keep a cool head in an emergency.
- the position or place of leadership, greatest authority, or honor.
- a person to whom others are subordinate, as the director of an institution or the manager of a department;
leader or chief.
- a person considered with reference to his or her mind, disposition, attributes, status, etc.: wise heads; crowned heads.
- that part of anything that forms or is regarded as forming the top, summit, or upper end: head of a pin; head of a page.
- the foremost part or front end of anything or a forward projecting part: head of a procession.
- the part of a weapon, tool, etc., used for striking: the head of a hammer.
- a person or animal considered merely as one of a number, herd, or group: ten head of cattle; a dinner at $20 a head.
- a culminating point, usually of a critical nature;
crisis or climax: to bring matters to a head.
- the hair covering the head: to wash one's head.
- froth or foam at the top of a liquid: the head on beer.
- any dense flower cluster or inflorescence. See illus. under inflorescence.
- any other compact part of a plant, usually at the top of the stem, as that composed of leaves in the cabbage or lettuce, of leafstalks in the celery, or of flower buds in the cauliflower.
- the maturated part of an abscess, boil, etc.
- a projecting point of a coast, esp. when high, as a cape, headland, or promontory.
- the obverse of a coin, as bearing a head or other principal figure (opposed to tail).
- one of the chief parts or points of a written or oral discourse;
a main division of a subject, theme, or topic.
- something resembling a head in form or a representation of a head, as a piece of sculpture.
- the source of a river or stream.
- a habitual user of a drug, esp. LSD or marijuana (often used in combination): feds versus the heads; an acid-head; a pothead.
- a fan or devotee (usually used in combination): a punk-rock head; a chili head.
- heads, [Distilling.]alcohol produced during the initial fermentation. Cf. tail1 (def. 6d).
- a toilet or lavatory, esp. on a boat or ship.
- the forepart of a vessel;
- the upper edge of a quadrilateral sail.
- the upper corner of a jib-headed sail. See diag. under sail.
- that part of the upper end of one spar of a mast that is overlapped by a spar above;
a doubling at the upper end of a spar.
- that part of the upper end of a mast between the highest standing rigging and the truck.
- crown (def. 28).
- the member of an endocentric construction that belongs to the same form class and may play the same grammatical role as the construction itself.
- the member upon which another depends and to which it is subordinate. In former presidents, presidents is head and former is modifier.
- the stretched membrane covering the end of a drum or similar musical instrument.
- a level or road driven into solid coal for proving or working a mine.
- [Mach.]any of various devices on machine tools for holding, moving, indexing, or changing tools or work, as the headstock or turret of a lathe.
- railhead (def. 3).
- (loosely) the pressure exerted by confined fluid: a head of steam.
- Also called pressure head.
- the vertical distance between two points in a liquid, as water, or some other fluid
- the pressure differential resulting from this separation, expressed in terms of the vertical distance between the points.
- the pressure of a fluid expressed in terms of the height of a column of liquid yielding an equivalent pressure.
- Also called magnetic head. [Electronics.]the part or parts of a tape recorder that record, play back, or erase magnetic signals on magnetic tape. Cf. erasing head, playback head, recording head.
- See read/write head.
- a mounting for a camera, as on a tripod.
- the part of an enlarger that contains the light source, negative carrier, lensboard, and lens.
- (vulgar). fellatio.
- [Archaic.]power, strength, or force progressively gathered or gradually attained.
- by or down by the head, so loaded as to draw more water forward than aft.
- come to a head:
- to suppurate, as a boil.
- to reach a crisis;
culminate: The struggle for power came to a head.
- get one's head together, [Slang.]to have one's actions, thoughts, or emotions under control or in order: If he'd get his head together, maybe he'd get to work on time.
- give head, Slang (vulgar). perform fellatio.
- give someone his or her head, to permit someone to do as he or she likes;
allow someone freedom of choice: She wanted to go away to college, and her parents gave her her head.
- go to someone's head:
- to make someone dizzy or drunk;
overcome one with excitement: Power went to his head. The brandy went to his head.
- to make someone conceited or self-important: Success went to his head.
- hang one's head, to become dejected or ashamed: When he realized what an unkind thing he had done, he hung his head in shame.Also, hide one's head.
- head and shoulders:
- far better, more qualified, etc.;
superior: In intelligence, he was head and shoulders above the rest of the children in the class.
- [Archaic.]by force.
- head over heels:
- headlong, as in a somersault: He tripped and fell head over heels into the gully.
completely: head over heels in love.
carelessly: They plunged head over heels into the fighting.
- heads up! [Informal.]be careful! watch out for danger!
- head to head, in direct opposition or competition: The candidates will debate head to head.
- keep one's head, to remain calm or poised, as in the midst of crisis or confusion: It was fortunate that someone kept his head and called a doctor.
- keep one's head above water, to remain financially solvent: Despite their debts, they are managing to keep their heads above water.
- lay or put heads together, to meet in order to discuss, consult, or scheme: Neither of them had enough money for a tour of Europe, so they put their heads together and decided to find jobs there.
- lose one's head, to become uncontrolled or wildly excited: When he thought he saw an animal in the underbrush, he lost his head and began shooting recklessly.
- make head, to progress or advance, esp. despite opposition;
make headway: There have been many delays, but we are at last making head.
- make heads roll, to exert authority by firing or dismissing employees or subordinates: He made heads roll as soon as he took office.
- not make head or tail of, to be unable to understand or decipher: We couldn't make head or tail of the strange story.Also, not make heads or tails of.
- off the top of one's head, candidly or extemporaneously: Off the top of my head, I'd say that's right.
- one's head off, extremely;
excessively: We screamed our heads off at that horror movie. He laughed his head off at the monkey's antics.
- on one's head, as one's responsibility or fault: Because of his reckless driving he now has the deaths of three persons on his head.
- out of one's head or mind:
irrational: You're out of your head if you accept those terms.
- over one's head:
- beyond one's comprehension, ability, or resources: The classical allusion went right over his head.
- beyond one's financial resources or ability to pay: He's lost over his head in that poker game.
- over someone's head, to appeal to someone having a superior position or prior claim: She went over her supervisor's head and complained to a vice president.
- pull one's head in, [Australian Slang.]to keep quiet or mind one's own business;
- take it into one's head, to form a notion, purpose, or plan: She took it into her head to study medicine.Also, take into one's head.
- turn someone's head:
- to cause someone to become smug or conceited: Her recent success has completely turned her head.
- to cause one to become foolish or confused: A whirlwind romance has quite turned his head.
- first in rank or position;
principal: a head official.
- of, pertaining to, or for the head (often used in combination): head covering; headgear; headpiece.
- situated at the top, front, or head of anything (often used in combination): headline; headboard.
- moving or coming from a direction in front of the head or prow of a vessel: head sea; head tide; head current.
- of or pertaining to drugs, drug paraphernalia, or drug users.
- to go at the head of or in front of;
precede: to head a list.
- to outdo or excel;
take the lead in or over: to head a race; to head one's competitors in a field.
- to be the head or chief of (sometimes fol. by up): to head a school; to head up a department.
- to direct the course of;
turn the head or front of in a specified direction: I'll head the boat for the shore. Head me in the right direction and I'll walk to the store.
- to go around the head of (a stream).
- to furnish or fit with a head.
- to take the head off;
- to remove the upper branches of (a tree).
- [Fox Hunting.]to turn aside (a fox) from its intended course.
- to get in front of in order to stop, turn aside, attack, etc.
- headline (def. 4).
- [Soccer.]to propel (the ball) by striking it with the head, esp. with the forehead.
- to move forward toward a point specified;
direct one's course;
go in a certain direction: to head toward town.
- to come or grow to a head;
form a head: Cabbage heads quickly.
- (of a river or stream) to have the head or source where specified.
- head off, to go before in order to hinder the progress of;
intercept: The police headed off the fleeing driver at a railroad crossing.
Onon (on, ôn),USA pronunciation prep.
- so as to be or remain supported by or suspended from: Put your package down on the table; Hang your coat on the hook.
- so as to be attached to or unified with: Hang the picture on the wall. Paste the label on the package.
- so as to be a covering or wrapping for: Put the blanket on the baby. Put aluminum foil on the lamb chops before freezing them.
- in connection, association, or cooperation with;
as a part or element of: to serve on a jury.
- so as to be a supporting part, base, backing, etc., of: a painting on canvas; mounted on cardboard; legs on a chair.
- (used to indicate place, location, situation, etc.): a scar on the face; the book on the table; a house on 19th Street.
- (used to indicate immediate proximity): a house on the lake; to border on absurdity.
- in the direction of: on the left; to sail on a southerly course.
- (used to indicate a means of conveyance or a means of supporting or supplying movement): on the wing; This car runs on electricity. Can you walk on your hands? I'll be there on the noon plane.
- by the agency or means of: drunk on wine; talking on the phone; I saw it on television.
- in addition to: millions on millions of stars.
- with respect or regard to (used to indicate the object of an action directed against or toward): Let's play a joke on him. Write a critical essay on Shakespeare.
- in a state or condition of;
in the process of: on strike; The house is on fire!
- subject to: a doctor on call.
- engaged in or involved with: He's on the second chapter now.
- (used to indicate a source or a person or thing that serves as a source or agent): a duty on imported goods; She depends on her friends for encouragement.
- (used to indicate a basis or ground): on my word of honor; The movie is based on the book.
- (used to indicate risk or liability): on pain of death.
- (used to indicate progress toward or completion of an objective): We completed the project on budget.
- assigned to or occupied with;
operating: Who's on the switchboard this afternoon?
- [Informal.]so as to disturb or affect adversely: My hair dryer broke on me.
- paid for by, esp. as a treat or gift: Dinner is on me.
- taking or using as a prescribed measure, cure, or the like: The doctor had her on a low-salt diet.
- regularly taking or addicted to: He was on drugs for two years.
carried by: I have no money on me.
- (used to indicate time or occasion): on Sunday; We demand cash on delivery.
- (used to indicate the object or end of motion): to march on the capital.
- (used to indicate the object or end of action, thought, desire, etc.): to gaze on a scene.
- (used to indicate subject, reference, or respect): views on public matters.
- (used to indicate an encounter): The pickpocket crept up on a victim.
- on the bow, [Naut.]bow3 (def. 7).
- in, into, or onto a position of being supported or attached: Sew the buttons on.
- in, into, or onto a position of covering or wrapping: Put your raincoat on.
- fast to a thing, as for support: Hold on!
- toward a place, point, activity, or object: to look on while others work.
- forward, onward, or along, as in any course or process: further on.
- with continuous activity: to work on.
- into or in active operation or performance: Turn the gas on.
- on and off, off (def. 22a).
- on and on, at great length, so as to become tiresome: They rambled on and on about their grandchildren.
- operating or in use: The television set was on. Is your brake on?
- taking place;
occurring: Don't you know there's a war on?
- performing or broadcasting: The radio announcer told us we were on.
- behaving in a theatrical, lively, or ingratiating way: Around close friends, one doesn't have to be on every minute.
- functioning or performing at one's best: When she's on, no other tennis player is half as good.
- scheduled or planned: Anything on after supper?
- [Baseball.]positioned on a base or bases: They had two men on when he hit the home run.
- [Cricket.]noting that side of the wicket, or of the field, on which the batsman stands.
- on to, aware of the true nature, motive, or meaning of: I'm on to your little game.
- [Cricket.]the on side.
Mymy (mī),USA pronunciation pron.
- (a form of the possessive case of I used as an attributive adjective): My soup is cold.
- Also, my-my. (used as an exclamation of mild surprise or dismay): My, what a big house this is! My-my, how old he looks!
Pillowpil•low (pil′ō),USA pronunciation n.
- a bag or case made of cloth that is filled with feathers, down, or other soft material, and is used to cushion the head during sleep or rest.
- anything used to cushion the head;
headrest: a pillow of moss.
- Also called lace pillow. a hard cushion or pad that supports the pattern and threads in the making of bobbin lace.
- a supporting piece or part, as the block on which the inner end of a bowsprit rests.
- to rest on or as on a pillow.
- to support with pillows.
- to serve as a pillow for: She pillowed the child with her body.
- to rest as on a pillow.
Lyricslyr•ic (lir′ik),USA pronunciation adj.
- (of poetry) having the form and musical quality of a song, and esp. the character of a songlike outpouring of the poet's own thoughts and feelings, as distinguished from epic and dramatic poetry.
- pertaining to or writing lyric poetry: a lyric poet.
- characterized by or expressing spontaneous, direct feeling: a lyric song; lyric writing.
- pertaining to, rendered by, or employing singing.
- (of a voice) relatively light of volume and modest in range: a lyric soprano.
- pertaining, adapted, or sung to the lyre, or composing poems to be sung to the lyre: ancient Greek lyric odes.
- a lyric poem.
- Often, lyrics. the words of a song.
Openo•pen (ō′pən),USA pronunciation adj.
- not closed or barred at the time, as a doorway by a door, a window by a sash, or a gateway by a gate: to leave the windows open at night.
- (of a door, gate, window sash, or the like) set so as to permit passage through the opening it can be used to close.
- having no means of closing or barring: an open portico.
- having the interior immediately accessible, as a box with the lid raised or a drawer that is pulled out.
- relatively free of obstructions to sight, movement, or internal arrangement: an open floor plan.
- constructed so as to be without cover or enclosure on the top or on some or all sides: an open boat.
- having relatively large or numerous spaces, voids, or intervals: an open architectural screen; open ranks of soldiers.
- perforated or porous: an open texture.
- relatively unoccupied by buildings, fences, trees, etc.: open country.
- not covered or closed;
with certain parts apart: open eyes; open mouth.
- without a covering, esp. a protective covering;
exposed: an open wound; open electrical wires.
- extended or unfolded: an open newspaper.
- without restrictions as to who may participate: an open competition; an open session.
- accessible or available to follow: the only course still open to us.
- not taken or filled;
vacant: Which job is open?
- ready for or carrying on normal trade or business: The new store is now open. The office is open on Saturdays.
- not engaged or committed: Have you any open time on Monday?
- accessible, as to appeals, ideas, or offers: to be open to suggestion.
- exposed to general view or knowledge;
existing, carried on, etc., without concealment: open disregard of the rules.
- acting publicly or without concealment, as a person.
- unreserved, candid, or frank, as persons or their speech, aspect, etc.: an open manner.
- generous, liberal, or bounteous: to give with an open hand.
- liable or subject: open to question; open to retaliation.
unsettled: several open questions.
- without effective or enforced legal, commercial, or moral regulations: an open town.
- unguarded by an opponent: an open wide receiver.
- noting the part of the sea beyond headlands or enclosing areas of land: to sail on the open seas.
- free of ice, as a body of water or a seaport.
- free of navigational hazards: an open coast.
- (of a seaport) available for foreign trade;
not closed by government regulations or by considerations of health.
- (of a microphone) in operation;
- (of a delimiting punctuation mark) occurring at the beginning of a group of words or characters that is set off, as from surrounding text: open parenthesis; open quotes.Cf. close (def. 56).
- not yet balanced or adjusted, as an account.
- not constipated, as the bowels.
- (of a vowel) articulated with a relatively large opening above the tongue or with a relatively large oral aperture, as the vowel sound of cot compared with that in caught.
- (of a syllable) ending with a vowel.
- (of a consonant) continuant (opposed to stopped).
- [Ling.](of a class of items) readily admitting new members, as the class of nouns, verbs, or adjectives (opposed to closed).
- (of type) in outline form.
- widely spaced or leaded, as printed matter.
- (of an organ pipe) not closed at the far end.
- (of a string) not stopped by a finger.
- (of a note) produced by such a pipe or string or, on a wind instrument, without the aid of a slide, key, etc.
- (of an interval) containing neither endpoint.
- (of a set) consisting of points having neighborhoods wholly contained in the set, as the set of points within a circle.
- (of a map from one topological space to another) having the property that the image of an open set is an open set.
- free from frost;
mild or moderate: an open winter.
- (of a female animal) not pregnant.
- (of a fabric or weave) so loosely woven that spaces are visible between warp and filling yarns.
- to move (a door, window sash, etc.) from a shut or closed position so as to admit of passage.
- to render (a doorway, gateway, window, etc.) unobstructed by moving a door, window sash, etc., away from it.
- to render the interior of (a box, drawer, etc.) readily accessible.
- to clear (a passage, channel, etc.) of obstructions.
- to clear (areas or passages in the body).
- to give access to;
make accessible or available, as for use: to open a port for trade.
- to establish for business purposes or for public use: to open an office.
- to set in action, begin, start, or commence (sometimes fol. by up): to open a campaign.
- to uncover, lay bare, or expose to view.
- to expand, unfold, or spread out: to open a map.
- to make less compact, less closely spaced, or the like: to open ranks.
- to disclose, reveal, or divulge.
- to render accessible to knowledge, enlightenment, sympathy, etc.: to open one's mind.
- to cut, blast, or break into: to open a safe with nitro.
- to make or produce (an opening) by cutting or breaking, or by pushing aside or removing obstructions: to open a way through a crowd.
- to make an incision or opening in: to open a boil.
- to recall or revoke (a judgment, decree, etc.) for the purpose of allowing further contest or delay.
- to make the first statement of (a case) to the court or jury.
- [Cards.]to begin a hand by making (the first bid), placing (the first bet), or playing (a given card or suit) as the lead.
- to sail (a course) so that the apparent location of a distant fixed object changes with relation to a nearer fixed object (sometimes fol. by out).
- to become open, as a door, building, box, or enclosure.
- to afford access: a door that opens into a garden.
- to have an opening, passage, or outlet: The room opens into a corridor.
- (of a building, theater, etc.) to open its doors to the public: The museum opens at one o'clock.
- to begin a session or term, as a school.
- to begin a season, series of performances, or tour, as a theatrical company: The play will open in Boston.
- to begin, start, or commence an activity: The game opened with the national anthem.
- to part, or seem to part, so as to allow or reveal a passage: At last the cliffs opened to show us that we were heading for the sea.
- to become disclosed or revealed.
- to come into view;
become more visible or plain.
- to become receptive to knowledge, sympathy, etc., as the mind.
- to disclose or reveal one's knowledge, thoughts, feelings, etc.
- to unfold or expand, as a blossom, so as to reveal the interior.
- to spread out or expand, as the hand or a fan.
- to spread apart or separate, as pages of a book, newspaper, etc.: Open to page 32.
- to spread or come apart;
burst: The wound opened.
- to become less compact, less closely spaced, or the like: The ranks began to open.
- [Cards.]to make the first bet, bid, or lead in beginning a hand.
- [Hunting.](of hounds) to begin to bark, as on the scent of game.
- open up:
- to become or make open.
- to expand, esp. before the eye: A breathtaking panorama opened up as we reached the top of the hill.
- to achieve the initial development of: to open up a business office; to open up trade with China.
- [Slang.]to increase speed or the speed of (a vehicle).
- an open or clear space.
- the open air.
- the open water, as of the sea.
- an opening or aperture.
- an opening or opportunity.
- a contest or tournament in which both amateurs and professionals may compete, esp. in golf and tennis.
- the open:
- the unenclosed or unobstructed country.
- the outdoors: Vacations in the open are fine for the entire family.
- the condition of being unconcealed, recognized, or publicly known: The scandal is now out in the open.
Howdy guys, this image is about Beautiful Lloyd Lay Your Head On My Pillow Lyrics #3 Open Spotify. This post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 512 x 512. It's file size is only 48 KB. Wether You decided to save It to Your PC, you have to Click here. You may too see more photos by clicking the following image or see more at this article: Lloyd Lay Your Head On My Pillow Lyrics.
For designing the Lloyd Lay Your Head On My Pillow Lyrics the primary tips are to make landscapes that are miniature. This small yard implies a natural region which can be to the entrance of your home as a little area with various types of flowers which can be in a position to explain a beautiful green spot and wonderful. If you have been inspired in the area park, then you can certainly also produce a town park without any less wonderful view to the town park.
Along with the tiny pool you may also produce sebuaha tiny waterfall or possibly a little fountain that's used with pure principles, including the use of lumber as a water flushed or from the use of boulders, where the water is going to be found more evidently also.
Some beautiful crops you'll be able to choose like bonsai trees are colorful flowers, tiny, and grasses which will meet with the area location within the park facing your house. The concept that both the Lloyd Lay Your Head On My Pillow Lyrics is just a park that's not always inexperienced. This means a house backyard design or design that may use additional ideas, making a small share, that is not just a large amount of use natural crops, but only to improve the event of water and electrical energy inside it.
Similar Galleries of Beautiful Lloyd Lay Your Head On My Pillow Lyrics #3 Open Spotify
- Couch Sears
- Double Valance Sheets
- Green Area Rugs
- 2008 Honda Element Interior
- Ice Sink
- Furniture Styles
- Bathroom Vanity Cabinet Organizers
- Ceiling Leaking Water
- Cost Of Renting Tables And Chairs For Wedding
- Kohler Faucets Bathroom
- Ceiling For Bathroom
- How To Remove Stains From Rugs
- Adjustable Ab Bench
- Cabinet Face Frame
- Loki Body Pillow
- Cute Bedrooms For Girls