Hairhair (hâr),USA pronunciation n.
- any of the numerous fine, usually cylindrical, keratinous filaments growing from the skin of humans and animals;
- an aggregate of such filaments, as that covering the human head or forming the coat of most mammals.
- a similar fine, filamentous outgrowth from the body of insects, spiders, etc.
- a filamentous outgrowth of the epidermis.
- cloth made of hair from animals, as camel and alpaca.
- a very small amount, degree, measure, magnitude, etc.;
a fraction, as of time or space: He lost the race by a hair.
- get in someone's hair, [Slang.]to annoy or bother someone: Their snobbishness gets in my hair.
- hair of the dog, [Informal.]a drink of liquor, supposed to relieve a hangover: Even a hair of the dog didn't help his aching head.Also, hair of the dog that bit one.
- let one's hair down:
- to relax;
behave informally: He finally let his hair down and actually cracked a joke.
- to speak candidly or frankly;
remove or reduce restraints: He let his hair down and told them about his anxieties.
- make one's hair stand on end, to strike or fill with horror;
terrify: The tales of the jungle made our hair stand on end.
- split hairs, to make unnecessarily fine or petty distinctions: To argue about whether they arrived at two o'clock or at 2:01 is just splitting hairs.
- tear one's hair, to manifest extreme anxiety, grief, or anger: He's tearing his hair over the way he was treated by them.Also, tear one's hair out.
- to a hair, perfect to the smallest detail;
exactly: The reproduction matched the original to a hair.
- without turning a hair, without showing the least excitement or emotion. Also, not turn a hair.
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Dogdog (dôg, dog),USA pronunciation n., v., dogged, dog•ging.
- a domesticated canid, Canis familiaris, bred in many varieties.
- any carnivore of the dogfamily Canidae, having prominent canine teeth and, in the wild state, a long and slender muzzle, a deep-chested muscular body, a bushy tail, and large, erect ears. Cf. canid.
- the male of such an animal.
- any of various animals resembling a dog.
- a despicable man or youth.
- a fellow in general: a lucky dog.
- dogs, feet.
- something worthless or of extremely poor quality: That used car you bought is a dog.
- an utter failure;
flop: Critics say his new play is a dog.
- [Slang.]an ugly, boring, or crude person.
- [Slang.]See hot dog.
- (cap.) [Astron.]either of two constellations, Canis Major or Canis Minor.
- any of various mechanical devices, as for gripping or holding something.
- a projection on a moving part for moving steadily or for tripping another part with which it engages.
- Also called gripper, nipper. a device on a drawbench for drawing the work through the die.
- a cramp binding together two timbers.
- an iron bar driven into a stone or timber to provide a means of lifting it.
- an andiron;
- a sundog or fogdog.
- a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter D.
- go to the dogs, [Informal.]to deteriorate;
degenerate morally or physically: This neighborhood is going to the dogs.
- lead a dog's life, to have an unhappy or harassed existence: He maintained that he led a dog's life in the army.
- let sleeping dogs lie, to refrain from action that would alter an existing situation for fear of causing greater problems or complexities.
- put on the dog, [Informal.]to assume an attitude of wealth or importance;
put on airs.
- to follow or track like a dog, esp. with hostile intent;
- to drive or chase with a dog or dogs.
- [Mach.]to fasten with dogs.
- dog it, [Informal.]
- to shirk one's responsibility;
loaf on the job.
- to retreat, flee, renege, etc.: a sponsor who dogged it when needed most.
Funnyfun•ny1 (fun′ē),USA pronunciation adj., -ni•er, -ni•est, n., pl. -nies.
- providing fun;
causing amusement or laughter;
comical: a funny remark; a funny person.
- attempting to amuse;
facetious: Did you really mean that or were you just being funny?
- warranting suspicion;
underhanded: We thought there was something funny about those extra charges.
impertinent: Don't get funny with me, young man!
odd: Her speech has a funny twang.
- [Informal.]a funny remark or story;
a joke: to make a funny.
- comic strips.
- Also called funny paper. the section of a newspaper reserved for comic strips, word games, etc.
Doormatdoor•mat (dôr′mat′, dōr′-),USA pronunciation n.
- a mat, usually placed before a door or other entrance, for people arriving to wipe their shoes on before entering.
- a person who is the habitual object of abuse or humiliation by another.
Howdy folks, this picture is about Hair Of The Dog Funny Doormat (wonderful Funny Doormat #6). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 1209 x 806. It's file size is only 195 KB. If You desired to save This picture to Your PC, you may Click here. You also too see more photos by clicking the following photo or see more at this article: Funny Doormat.
Few would concur that there's something generally known as Hair Of The Dog Funny Doormat (wonderful Funny Doormat #6). Every eye is experienced to get walls that are usual in almost any toilet no-matter how good the look is.
What sort of Hair Of The Dog Funny Doormat (wonderful Funny Doormat #6) is available today? There are many infinite ideas as it pertains to decorating surfaces. Designing the surfaces in this area can be carried out only by artwork with a particular design that can produce the area look bigger than it is actually.
The surfaces generally of well maintained bathrooms are occasionally obscured with stunning tile decorations up to the ceiling or simple and generally plain. This using bathroom ceiling lights' proper mixture may help in developing a fantastic knowledge.
Today, with all the utilization of mirrors getting more and more preferred, decorating tips are increasingly important. Sense and the more mirrors to the wall, the greater the appearance of a toilet that provides a larger image of the tiny place.
More Pictures of Hair Of The Dog Funny Doormat (wonderful Funny Doormat #6)
- Durga Mat
- Bedroom Closet Storage Ideas
- Baby Shower Cutouts
- Kitchen In Chinese
- H&m Pillow Case
- Luxury Garage Sale
- Milo Baughman Lounge Chair
- Genuine Work From Home Jobs
- Finishing Quilt Binding
- Interior Of Ship
- Mirrored Parsons Desk
- Orange Quilt Covers
- Holiday Cottages In Norfolk And Suffolk
- No Shed Small Dog Breeds
- Outdoor Benches With Storage
- Boarding Rooms For Rent