Give The Green Light Meaning (good Give Me The Green Light Great Pictures #7)
Givegive (giv),USA pronunciation v., gave, giv•en, giv•ing, n.
- to present voluntarily and without expecting compensation;
bestow: to give a birthday present to someone.
- to hand to someone: Give me that plate, please.
- to place in someone's care: If you give me your coat, I'll put it in the closet.
- to grant (permission, opportunity, etc.) to someone: Give me a chance.
- to impart or communicate: to give advice; to give a cold to someone.
- to set forth or show;
offer: He gave no reason for his lateness.
- to pay or transfer possession to another in exchange for something: They gave five dollars for the picture. He gave me the car for $800.
- to furnish, provide, or proffer: to give evidence; Let me give you my umbrella before you go out in this rain.
- to provide as an entertainment or social function: to give a New Year's Eve party.
- to deal or administer: to give a blow to someone; to give medicine to a patient.
- to put forth, emit, or utter;
issue: to give a cry; to give a command.
- to assign or admit as a basis of calculation or reasoning (usually used passively): These facts being given, the argument makes sense.
- to produce, yield, or afford: to give good results; 9 × 8 gives 72; The hen gave six eggs a week.
- to make, do, or perform: to give a start; to give a lurch.
- to perform or present publicly: to give a play; to give a concert.
- to cause;
be responsible for (usually fol. by an infinitive): They gave me to understand that you would be there.
- to care about something to the value or extent of (something fanciful): I don't give a hoot about his opinion.
- to relinquish or sacrifice: to give one's life for a cause.
- to convey or transmit: Give Aunt Betty my love.
- to assign or allot: Give every man a full ration of biscuits. They gave him the name of "Joseph.''
- to bestow (the object of one's choice) upon, as if by providence: Give me the wide open spaces anytime.
- to be connected with, as by a telephone operator: Give me 235-7522.
- to present to an audience, as an entertainer, speaker, or act: Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the governor of Texas.
- to attribute or ascribe: to give the devil his due; After long study the critic gave the unsigned work to a minor impressionist.
- to cause or occasion: She gives me a pain in the neck.
- to apply fully or freely: He gives his free time to golf.
- to award by verdict or after consideration: A decision was given for the defendant.
- to inflict as a punishment on another;
impose a sentence of: The judge gave him five years.
- to pledge, offer as a pledge, or execute and deliver: He gave her his promise. Can you give bond?
- to propose as the subject of a toast (fol. by an indirect object): Ladies and gentlemen, I give you our country.
- to bear to a man;
deliver (fol. by an indirect object): She gave him a beautiful baby boy.
- to sire upon a woman;
father (fol. by an indirect object): He gave her two children in the first five years of marriage.
- to concede or grant, as a point in an argument.
- to make a gift or gifts;
contribute: to give to the United Way.
- to yield somewhat, as to influence or force;
compromise: We can't negotiate until each side is willing to give on some points.
- to yield somewhat when subjected to weight, force, pressure, etc.: A horsehair mattress doesn't give much.
- to collapse;
fail: The antique chair gave when I sat on it.
- to be warm and open in relationships with other persons: a withdrawn person who doesn't know how to give.
- to divulge information: Okay now, give! What happened?
- to afford a view or passage;
face, open, or lead (usually fol. by on, onto, etc.): The window gives on the sea. This door gives onto the hallway.
- give and take:
- to compromise in order to cooperate: A willingness to give and take is important for success in marriage.
- to exchange ideas: an informal meeting in which there would be opportunities to give and take.
- give away:
- to give as a present;
- to present (the bride) to the bridegroom in a marriage ceremony.
- to expose or betray (a person).
- to reveal (a confidence or secret, hidden motives, true feelings, etc.): That remark gave away his real feelings.
- give back, to return (something), as to its owner;
restore: You haven't given back the books you borrowed from me.
- give battle. See battle 1 (def. 6).
- give birth to. See birth (def. 8).
- give ground, to yield before superior force, as of arms or of reasoning.
- give in:
- to acknowledge defeat;
- to hand in;
deliver: Please give in your timecards.
- give it to, [Informal.]to reprimand or punish: His father really gave it to him for coming home so late.
- give of, to devote or contribute generously of: to give of oneself; to give of one's abundance.
- give off, to put forth;
emit: The gardenia gives off a very strong fragrance.
- give or take, plus or minus a specified amount;
more or less: It will cost $20, give or take a dollar or two.
- give out:
- to send out;
- to make public;
- to distribute;
- to become exhausted.
- to become used up;
fail: The fuel gave out.
- to do or express something, esp. unrestrainedly or easily: to give out with a song.
- give over:
- to put into the care of;
transfer: She gave over all her property to her daughter.
- to put an end to;
stop: They will never give over their impossible dreams.
- to indulge in without restraint: She gave herself over to tears.
- to devote to a specified activity: The day was given over to relaxing in the sun.
- give rise to. See rise (def. 55).
- give up:
- to abandon hope;
- to desist from;
renounce: to give up smoking.
- to surrender;
- to devote (oneself ) entirely to: She gave herself up to her job and seldom saw her old friends.
- [South Midland U.S.]to consider;
deem: She's given up to be the kindest woman around here.
- give way. See way (def. 26).
giv′a•ble, give′a•ble, adj., n.
- the quality or state of being resilient;
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Greengreen (grēn),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, n., v.
- of the color of growing foliage, between yellow and blue in the spectrum: green leaves.
- covered with herbage or foliage;
verdant: green fields.
- characterized by the presence of verdure.
- made of green vegetables, as lettuce, spinach, endive, or chicory: a green salad.
- not fully developed or perfected in growth or condition;
not properly aged: This peach is still green.
not dried or cured: green lumber.
- immature in age or judgment;
inexperienced: a green worker.
- fresh, recent, or new: an insult still green in his mind.
- having a sickly appearance;
wan: green with fear; green with envy.
- full of life and vigor;
young: a man ripe in years but green in heart.
- environmentally sound or beneficial: green computers.
- (of wine) having a flavor that is raw, harsh, and acid, due esp. to a lack of maturity.
- freshly slaughtered or still raw: green meat.
- not fired, as bricks or pottery.
- (of cement or mortar) freshly set and not completely hardened.
- (of sand) sufficiently moist to form a compact lining for a mold without further treatment.
- (of a casting) as it comes from the mold.
- (of a powder, in powder metallurgy) unsintered.
- a color intermediate in the spectrum between yellow and blue, an effect of light with a wavelength between 500 and 570 nm;
found in nature as the color of most grasses and leaves while growing, of some fruits while ripening, and of the sea.
- [Art.]a secondary color that has been formed by the mixture of blue and yellow pigments.
- green coloring matter, as paint or dye.
- green material or clothing: to be dressed in green.
- fresh leaves or branches of trees, shrubs, etc., used for decoration;
- the leaves and stems of plants, as spinach, lettuce, or cabbage, used for food.
- a blue-green uniform of the U.S. Army.
- grassy land;
a plot of grassy ground.
- a piece of grassy ground constituting a town or village common.
- Also called putting green. [Golf.]the area of closely cropped grass surrounding each hole.
- See bowling green.
- a shooting range for archery.
- See green light (def. 1).
greenbacks (usually prec. by the): I'd like to buy a new car but I don't have the green.
- (cap.) a member of the Green party (in Germany).
- read the green, to inspect a golf green, analyzing its slope and surface, so as to determine the difficulties to be encountered when putting.
- to become or make green.
- to restore the vitality of: Younger executives are greening corporate managements.
Lightlight1 (līt),USA pronunciation n., adj., -er, -est, v., light•ed or lit, light•ing.
- something that makes things visible or affords illumination: All colors depend on light.
- Also called luminous energy, radiant energy. electromagnetic radiation to which the organs of sight react, ranging in wavelength from about 400 to 700 nm and propagated at a speed of 186,282 mi./sec (299,972 km/sec), considered variously as a wave, corpuscular, or quantum phenomenon.
- a similar form of radiant energy that does not affect the retina, as ultraviolet or infrared rays.
- the sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of sight.
- an illuminating agent or source, as the sun, a lamp, or a beacon.
- the radiance or illumination from a particular source: the light of a candle.
- the illumination from the sun;
daylight: We awoke at the first light.
- daybreak or dawn: when light appeared in the east.
- daytime: Summer has more hours of light.
- a particular light or illumination in which an object seen takes on a certain appearance: viewing the portrait in dim light.
- a device for or means of igniting, as a spark, flame, or match: Could you give me a light?
- a traffic light: Don't cross till the light changes.
- the aspect in which a thing appears or is regarded: Try to look at the situation in a more cheerful light.
- the state of being visible, exposed to view, or revealed to public notice or knowledge;
limelight: Stardom has placed her in the light.
- a person who is an outstanding leader, celebrity, or example;
luminary: He became one of the leading lights of Restoration drama.
- the effect of light falling on an object or scene as represented in a picture.
- one of the brightest parts of a picture.
- a gleam or sparkle, as in the eyes.
- a measure or supply of light;
illumination: The wall cuts off our light.
- spiritual illumination or awareness;
- Also called day. one compartment of a window or window sash.
- a window, esp. a small one.
- mental insight;
- lights, the information, ideas, or mental capacities possessed: to act according to one's lights.
- a lighthouse.
- [Archaic.]the eyesight.
- bring to light, to discover or reveal: The excavations brought to light the remnants of an ancient civilization.
- come to light, to be discovered or revealed: Some previously undiscovered letters have lately come to light.
- hide one's light under a bushel, to conceal or suppress one's talents or successes.
- in a good (or bad ) light, under favorable (or unfavorable) circumstances: She worshiped him, but then she'd only seen him in a good light.
- in (the) light of, taking into account;
considering: It was necessary to review the decision in the light of recent developments.
- light at the end of the tunnel, a prospect of success, relief, or redemption: We haven't solved the problem yet, but we're beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.
- see the light:
- to come into existence or being.
- to be made public.
- to begin to accept or understand a point of view one formerly opposed: Her father was opposed to her attending an out-of-town college, but he finally saw the light.
- shed or throw light on, to clarify;
clear up: His deathbed confession threw light on a mystery of long standing.
- having light or illumination;
well-lighted: the lightest room in the entire house.
- pale, whitish, or not deep or dark in color: a light blue.
- (of coffee or tea) containing enough milk or cream to produce a light color.
- to set burning, as a candle, lamp, fire, match, or cigarette;
- to turn or switch on (an electric light): One flick of the master switch lights all the lamps in the room.
- to give light to;
furnish with light or illumination: The room is lighted by two large chandeliers.
- to make (an area or object) bright with or as if with light (often fol. by up): Hundreds of candles lighted up the ballroom.
- to cause (the face, surroundings, etc.) to brighten, esp. with joy, animation, or the like (often fol. by up): A smile lit up her face. Her presence lighted up the room.
- to guide or conduct with a light: a candle to light you to bed.
- to take fire or become kindled: The damp wood refused to light.
- to ignite a cigar, cigarette, or pipe for purposes of smoking (usually fol. by up): He took out a pipe and lighted up before speaking.
- to become illuminated when switched on: This table lamp won't light.
- to become bright, as with light or color (often fol. by up): The sky lights up at sunset.
- to brighten with animation or joy, as the face or eyes (often fol. by up).
Hello peoples, this attachment is about Give The Green Light Meaning (good Give Me The Green Light Great Pictures #7). This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 882 x 557. It's file size is only 31 KB. Wether You decided to download This photo to Your laptop, you can Click here. You may also download more attachments by clicking the photo below or read more at here: Give Me The Green Light.
The Give The Green Light Meaning (good Give Me The Green Light Great Pictures #7) is not separated from your house ang stunning garden decor. Beyond spreading plant you know, enhance the backyard! Yard decor also contains design a room in the centre of the park to get a variety of functionality, of the bungalow yard. We begin to see the designs. Possess a pad in the garden will be nice.
In the former yard decor of the chair special yard can be seen for creativity homemade. Boost possibly or the vacation cabin a residence, typically takes invest the main topic of the country. Maintaining the different areas of freshness and candor and nature, a log resort should give peace and peace. Many accommodations firewood located in the hamlet countries.
Several things can be done there, using the household, taking a split while experiencing the morning air and natural areas, to merely relax using a walk round the villa we are able to do. The Give The Green Light Meaning (good Give Me The Green Light Great Pictures #7) could be made out of lumber or packet. It can be constructed on a lawn or together with the tree. Generally, the cottage garden features a small-size.