Image Titled Pick Locks On Doorknobs Step 16 ( How To Open Knob Door Lock #4)
Pickpick1 (pik),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to choose or select from among a group: to pick a contestant from the audience.
- to seek and find occasion for;
provoke: to pick a fight.
- to attempt to find;
seek out: to pick flaws in an argument.
- to steal the contents of: Her pocket was picked yesterday.
- to open (a lock) with a device other than the key, as a sharp instrument or wire, esp. for the purpose of burglary.
- to pierce, indent, dig into, or break up (something) with a pointed instrument: to pick rock; to pick ore.
- to form (a hole) by such action: to pick a hole in asphalt.
- to use a pointed instrument, the fingers, the teeth, the beak, etc., on (a thing), in order to remove or loosen something, as a small part or adhering matter: to pick one's teeth.
- to prepare for use by removing a covering piece by piece, as feathers, hulls, or other parts: to pick a fowl.
- to detach or remove piece by piece with the fingers: She picked the meat from the bones.
- to pluck or gather one by one: to pick flowers.
- (of birds or other animals) to take up (small bits of food) with the bill or teeth.
- to eat daintily or in small morsels.
- to separate, pull apart, or pull to pieces: to pick fibers.
- to pluck (the strings of an instrument).
- to play (a stringed instrument) by plucking with the fingers.
- to strike with or use a pick or other pointed instrument on something.
- (of birds or other animals) to take up small bits of food with the bill or teeth: The hens were busily picking about in their coop.
- to select carefully or fastidiously.
- to pilfer;
- to pluck or gather fruit, flowers, etc.
- [Basketball.]to execute a pick.
- pick and choose, to be very careful or particular in choosing: With such a limited supply of fresh fruit, you won't be able to pick and choose.
- pick apart, to criticize severely or in great detail: They picked her apart the moment she left the room.
- pick at:
- to find fault with unnecessarily or persistently;
- to eat sparingly or daintily: As he was ill, he only picked at his food.
- to grasp at;
handle: The baby loved to pick at her mother's glasses.
- pick it up, [Informal.]to move, work, etc., at a faster rate.
- pick off:
- to remove by pulling or plucking off.
- to single out and shoot: The hunter picked off a duck rising from the marsh.
- [Baseball.]to put out (a base runner) in a pick-off play.
- pick on:
- [Informal.]to criticize or blame;
- to single out;
choose: The professor always picks on me to translate long passages.
- pick one's way or steps, to walk with care and deliberation: She picked her way across the muddy field.
- pick out:
- to choose;
designate: to pick out one's successor.
- to distinguish from that which surrounds or accompanies;
recognize: to pick out a well-known face in a crowd.
- to discern (sense or meaning);
- to play (a melody) by ear;
work out note by note.
- to extract by picking.
- pick over, to examine (an assortment of items) in order to make a selection: Eager shoppers were picking over the shirts on the bargain tables.
- pick someone's brains. See brain (def.10).
- pick up:
- to lift or take up: to pick up a stone.
- to collect, esp. in an orderly manner: Pick up the tools when you're finished.
- to recover (one's courage, health, etc.);
- to gain by occasional opportunity;
obtain casually: to pick up a livelihood.
- to learn, as by experience: I've picked up a few Japanese phrases.
- to claim: to pick up one's bags at an airport.
- to take (a person or thing) into a car or ship, etc., or along with one.
- to bring into range of reception, observation, etc.: to pick up Rome on one's radio.
- to accelerate;
- to put in good order;
tidy: to pick up a room.
- to make progress;
improve: Business is beginning to pick up.
- to catch or contract, as a disease.
- [Informal.]to become acquainted with informally or casually, often in hope of a sexual relationship: Let's pick up some dates tonight.
- to resume or continue after being left off: Let's pick up the discussion in our next meeting.
- [Informal.]to take into custody;
arrest: They picked him up for vagrancy.
- [Informal.]to obtain;
purchase: She picked up some nice shoes on sale.
- [Slang.]to steal: to pick up jewels and silver.
- to accept, as in order to pay: to pick up the check.
- pick up on, [Informal.]
- become aware or cognizant of;
be perceptive about;
notice: to pick up on the hostess's hostility.
- to pay special attention to;
keep an eye on: to pick up on a troubled student.
- the act of choosing or selecting;
selection: to take one's pick.
- a person or thing that is selected: He is our pick for president.
- the choicest or most desirable part, example, or examples: This horse is the pick of the stable.
- the right of selection: He gave me my pick of the litter.
- the quantity of a crop picked, as from trees, bushes, etc., at a particular time: The pick was poor this season.
- a speck of dirt, hardened ink, or extra metal on set type or a plate.
- a small area removed from the surface of a coated paper by ink that adheres to the form.
- a stroke with something pointed: The rock shattered at the first pick of the ax.
- [Basketball.]an offensive maneuver in which a player moves into a position between a defender and a teammate with the ball so as to prevent the defender from interfering with the shot.
Lockslock1 (lok),USA pronunciation n.
- a device for securing a door, gate, lid, drawer, or the like in position when closed, consisting of a bolt or system of bolts propelled and withdrawn by a mechanism operated by a key, dial, etc.
- a contrivance for fastening or securing something.
- (in a firearm)
- the mechanism that explodes the charge;
- safety (def. 4).
- any device or part for stopping temporarily the motion of a mechanism.
- an enclosed chamber in a canal, dam, etc., with gates at each end, for raising or lowering vessels from one level to another by admitting or releasing water.
- an air lock or decompression chamber.
- complete and unchallenged control;
an unbreakable hold: The congresswoman has a lock on the senatorial nomination.
- someone or something certain of success;
sure thing: He's a lock to win the championship.
- [Wrestling.]any of various holds, esp. a hold secured on the arm, leg, or head: leg lock.
- [Horol.](in an escapement) the overlap between a tooth of an escape wheel and the surface of the pallet locking it.
- a projection or recession in the mating face of a forging die.
- lock, stock, and barrel, completely;
including every part, item, or facet, no matter how small or insignificant: We bought the whole business, lock, stock, and barrel.
- under lock and key, securely locked up: The documents were under lock and key.
- to fasten or secure (a door, window, building, etc.) by the operation of a lock or locks.
- to shut in a place fastened by a lock or locks, as for security or restraint.
- to make fast or immovable by or as if by a lock: He locked the steering wheel on his car.
- to make fast or immovable, as by engaging parts: to lock the wheels of a wagon.
- to join or unite firmly by interlinking or intertwining: to lock arms.
- to hold fast in an embrace: She was locked in his arms.
- to move (a ship) by means of a lock or locks, as in a canal (often fol. by through, in, out, down, or up).
- to furnish with locks, as a canal.
- to become locked: This door locks with a key.
- to become fastened, fixed, or interlocked: gears that lock into place.
- to go or pass by means of a lock or locks, as a vessel.
- to construct locks in waterways.
- lock horns, to come into conflict;
clash: to lock horns with a political opponent.
- lock in:
- to commit unalterably: to lock in the nomination of the party's candidates.
- (of an investor) to be unable or unwilling to sell or shift securities.
- lock off, to enclose (a waterway) with a lock.
- lock on, to track or follow a target or object automatically by radar or other electronic means.
- lock out:
- to keep out by or as if by a lock.
- to subject (employees) to a lockout.
- lock up:
- to imprison for a crime.
- to make (type) immovable in a chase by securing the quoins.
- to fasten or secure with a lock or locks.
- to lock the doors of a house, automobile, etc.
- to fasten or fix firmly, as by engaging parts.
Onon (on, ôn),USA pronunciation prep.
- so as to be or remain supported by or suspended from: Put your package down on the table; Hang your coat on the hook.
- so as to be attached to or unified with: Hang the picture on the wall. Paste the label on the package.
- so as to be a covering or wrapping for: Put the blanket on the baby. Put aluminum foil on the lamb chops before freezing them.
- in connection, association, or cooperation with;
as a part or element of: to serve on a jury.
- so as to be a supporting part, base, backing, etc., of: a painting on canvas; mounted on cardboard; legs on a chair.
- (used to indicate place, location, situation, etc.): a scar on the face; the book on the table; a house on 19th Street.
- (used to indicate immediate proximity): a house on the lake; to border on absurdity.
- in the direction of: on the left; to sail on a southerly course.
- (used to indicate a means of conveyance or a means of supporting or supplying movement): on the wing; This car runs on electricity. Can you walk on your hands? I'll be there on the noon plane.
- by the agency or means of: drunk on wine; talking on the phone; I saw it on television.
- in addition to: millions on millions of stars.
- with respect or regard to (used to indicate the object of an action directed against or toward): Let's play a joke on him. Write a critical essay on Shakespeare.
- in a state or condition of;
in the process of: on strike; The house is on fire!
- subject to: a doctor on call.
- engaged in or involved with: He's on the second chapter now.
- (used to indicate a source or a person or thing that serves as a source or agent): a duty on imported goods; She depends on her friends for encouragement.
- (used to indicate a basis or ground): on my word of honor; The movie is based on the book.
- (used to indicate risk or liability): on pain of death.
- (used to indicate progress toward or completion of an objective): We completed the project on budget.
- assigned to or occupied with;
operating: Who's on the switchboard this afternoon?
- [Informal.]so as to disturb or affect adversely: My hair dryer broke on me.
- paid for by, esp. as a treat or gift: Dinner is on me.
- taking or using as a prescribed measure, cure, or the like: The doctor had her on a low-salt diet.
- regularly taking or addicted to: He was on drugs for two years.
carried by: I have no money on me.
- (used to indicate time or occasion): on Sunday; We demand cash on delivery.
- (used to indicate the object or end of motion): to march on the capital.
- (used to indicate the object or end of action, thought, desire, etc.): to gaze on a scene.
- (used to indicate subject, reference, or respect): views on public matters.
- (used to indicate an encounter): The pickpocket crept up on a victim.
- on the bow, [Naut.]bow3 (def. 7).
- in, into, or onto a position of being supported or attached: Sew the buttons on.
- in, into, or onto a position of covering or wrapping: Put your raincoat on.
- fast to a thing, as for support: Hold on!
- toward a place, point, activity, or object: to look on while others work.
- forward, onward, or along, as in any course or process: further on.
- with continuous activity: to work on.
- into or in active operation or performance: Turn the gas on.
- on and off, off (def. 22a).
- on and on, at great length, so as to become tiresome: They rambled on and on about their grandchildren.
- operating or in use: The television set was on. Is your brake on?
- taking place;
occurring: Don't you know there's a war on?
- performing or broadcasting: The radio announcer told us we were on.
- behaving in a theatrical, lively, or ingratiating way: Around close friends, one doesn't have to be on every minute.
- functioning or performing at one's best: When she's on, no other tennis player is half as good.
- scheduled or planned: Anything on after supper?
- [Baseball.]positioned on a base or bases: They had two men on when he hit the home run.
- [Cricket.]noting that side of the wicket, or of the field, on which the batsman stands.
- on to, aware of the true nature, motive, or meaning of: I'm on to your little game.
- [Cricket.]the on side.
Stepstep (step),USA pronunciation n., v., stepped, step•ping.
- a movement made by lifting the foot and setting it down again in a new position, accompanied by a shifting of the weight of the body in the direction of the new position, as in walking, running, or dancing.
- such a movement followed by a movement of equal distance of the other foot: The soldier took one step forward and stood at attention.
- the space passed over or the distance measured by one such movement of the foot.
- the sound made by the foot in making such a movement.
- a mark or impression made by the foot on the ground;
- the manner of walking;
- pace in marching: double-quick step.
- a pace uniform with that of another or others, or in time with music.
- steps, movements or course in walking or running: to retrace one's steps.
- a move, act, or proceeding, as toward some end or in the general course of some action;
stage, measure, or period: the five steps to success.
- rank, degree, or grade, as on a vertical scale.
- a support for the foot in ascending or descending: a step of a ladder; a stair of 14 steps.
- a very short distance: She was never more than a step away from her children.
- a repeated pattern or unit of movement in a dance formed by a combination of foot and body motions.
- a degree of the staff or of the scale.
- the interval between two adjacent scale degrees;
second. Cf. semitone, whole step.
- steps, a stepladder.
- an offset part of anything.
- a socket, frame, or platform for supporting the lower end of a mast.
- a flat-topped ledge on the face of a quarry or a mine working.
- break step, to interrupt or cease walking or marching in step: The marching units were allowed to break step after they had passed the reviewing stand.
- in step:
- moving in time to a rhythm or with the corresponding step of others.
- in harmony or conformity with: They are not in step with the times.
- keep step, to keep pace;
stay in step: The construction of classrooms and the training of teachers have not kept step with population growth.
- out of step:
- not in time to a rhythm or corresponding to the step of others.
- not in harmony or conformity with: They are out of step with the others in their group.
- step by step:
- from one stage to the next in sequence.
- gradually and steadily: We were shown the steelmaking process step by step.
- take steps, to set about putting something into operation;
begin to act: I will take steps to see that your application is processed.
- watch one's step, to proceed with caution;
behave prudently: If she doesn't watch her step, she will be fired from her job.
- to move, go, etc., by lifting the foot and setting it down again in a new position, or by using the feet alternately in this manner: to step forward.
- to walk, or go on foot, esp. for a few strides or a short distance: Step over to the bar.
- to move with measured steps, as in a dance.
- to go briskly or fast, as a horse.
- to obtain, find, win, come upon, etc., something easily and naturally, as if by a mere step of the foot: to step into a good business opportunity.
- to put the foot down;
tread by intention or accident: to step on a cat's tail.
- to press with the foot, as on a lever, spring, or the like, in order to operate some mechanism.
- to take (a step, pace, stride, etc.).
- to go through or perform the steps of (a dance).
- to move or set (the foot) in taking a step.
- to measure (a distance, ground, etc.) by steps (sometimes fol. by off or out).
- to make or arrange in the manner of a series of steps.
- to fix (a mast) in its step.
- step down:
- to lower or decrease by degrees.
- to relinquish one's authority or control;
resign: Although he was past retirement age, he refused to step down and let his son take over the business.
- step in, to become involved;
intervene, as in a quarrel or fight: The brawl was well under way by the time the police stepped in.
- step on it, to hasten one's activity or steps;
hurry up: If we don't step on it, we'll miss the show.
- step out:
- to leave a place, esp. for a brief period of time.
- to walk or march at a more rapid pace.
- to go out to a social gathering or on a date: We're stepping out tonight.
- step up:
- to raise or increase by degrees: to step up production.
- to be promoted;
- to make progress;
Hello there, this photo is about Image Titled Pick Locks On Doorknobs Step 16 ( How To Open Knob Door Lock #4). This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 670 x 503. It's file size is just 24 KB. Wether You want to save It to Your laptop, you might Click here. You may too see more photos by clicking the following picture or read more at this post: How To Open Knob Door Lock.
To the other-hand, lately we adore the household that is antique. Effectively, while you have history house parents that are historic, whynot decorate it to appear more fashionable. Character that was Image Titled Pick Locks On Doorknobs Step 16 ( How To Open Knob Door Lock #4) already owned. How exactly to change it out to produce it newer and lucky that is refreshing if given, that you just possess a glass athome the glass may be worth pricey. To become the main target attractive, pick a natural coloring paint for that walls around it.
Should you choose to use picture, select wallpaper with a pattern such as the minimalist geometric forms.Usually there's a indentation around the screen within the house that is old. As a way to remain revealed, put drapes around the figure of the sills. But Image Titled Pick Locks On Doorknobs Step 16 ( How To Open Knob Door Lock #4) might reduce luxurious and the aesthetic in a tiny screen. Utilize only drapes usually, but produced open. Another circumstance if you feel really poor condition screen, then a curtains should be placed outside the body and cover.
It could additionally assimilate with numerous outdated dining table chairs minimalist. Materials including tables garden / patio, significant potted flowers can also match the sweetness of the inside of the house.The house that is old isn't such as a household today. Space's split occasionally seems unusual. As the bedroom is quite thin, eg consequently huge livingroom.
In addition to changing the ledge, implement some factors present in the choice of elegant couch cushions older properties, for instance, wall hangings model pop-art, or possibly a container of colorful bottles. Select that have versions of consistency, clean collections and bolder hues. Blend both of these types in one place. Eg change of furniture that is vintage with furniture that is more modern.
Consequently will be the kitchen which is extended. Well, you can workaround this with the addition of a Image Titled Pick Locks On Doorknobs Step 16 ( How To Open Knob Door Lock #4) in a space that is also wide or switching features. For instance the majority of the kitchen as being a garage, while half of the room used as well as room.
Drapery long until the underside will make a look more lavish interior. One of the items that would seem unpleasant has become old's shelves had started decaying. Exchange with open racks of timber, can be reliable wood or wood contaminants. Present also classic accessories you have. Open cabinets will also give a modern minimalist effect that house that is old doesn't appear to be a public.