Howhow1 (hou),USA pronunciation adv.
- in what way or manner;
by what means?: How did the accident happen?
- to what extent, degree, etc.?: How damaged is the car?
- in what state or condition?: How are you?
- for what reason;
why?: How can you talk such nonsense?
- to what effect;
with what meaning?: How is one to interpret his action?
- what?: How do you mean? If they don't have vanilla, how about chocolate?
- (used as an intensifier): How seldom I go there!
- by what title or name?: How does one address the president?
- at what price: How are the new cars going, cheaper than last year's models?
- by what amount or in what measure or quantity?: How do you sell these tomatoes?
- in what form or shape?: How does the demon appear in the first act of the opera? How does the medication come?
- and how! [Informal.]certainly! you bet!: Am I happy? And how!
- Here's how, [Informal.](used as a toast).
- how come? [Informal.]how is it that? why?: How come you never visit us anymore?
- how so? how does it happen to be so? why?: You haven't any desire to go? How so?
- the manner or way in which: He couldn't figure out how to solve the problem.
- about the manner, condition, or way in which: I don't care how you leave your desk when you go. Be careful how you act.
- in whatever manner or way;
however: You can travel how you please.
- that: He told us how he was honest and could be trusted.
- a question concerning the way or manner in which something is done, achieved, etc.: a child's unending whys and hows.
- a way or manner of doing something: to consider all the hows and wherefores.
- a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter H.
Manyman•y (men′ē),USA pronunciation adj., more, most, n., pron.
- constituting or forming a large number;
numerous: many people.
- noting each one of a large number (usually fol. by a or an): For many a day it rained.
- a large or considerable number of persons or things: A good many of the beggars were blind.
- the many, the greater part of humankind.
- many persons or things: Many of the beggars were blind. Many were unable to attend.
Peoplepeo•ple (pē′pəl),USA pronunciation n., pl. -ples for 4, v., -pled, -pling.
- persons indefinitely or collectively;
persons in general: to find it easy to talk to people; What will people think?
- persons, whether men, women, or children, considered as numerable individuals forming a group: Twenty people volunteered to help.
- human beings, as distinguished from animals or other beings.
- the entire body of persons who constitute a community, tribe, nation, or other group by virtue of a common culture, history, religion, or the like: the people of Australia; the Jewish people.
- the persons of any particular group, company, or number (sometimes used in combination): the people of a parish; educated people; salespeople.
- the ordinary persons, as distinguished from those who have wealth, rank, influence, etc.: a man of the people.
- the subjects, followers, or subordinates of a ruler, leader, employer, etc.: the king and his people.
- the body of enfranchised citizens of a state: representatives chosen by the people.
- a person's family or relatives: My grandmother's people came from Iowa.
- (used in the possessive in Communist or left-wing countries to indicate that an institution operates under the control of or for the benefit of the people, esp. under Communist leadership): people's republic; people's army.
- animals of a specified kind: the monkey people of the forest.
- to furnish with people;
- to supply or stock as if with people: a meadow peopled with flowers.
Doesdoes1 (dōz),USA pronunciation n.
- a pl. of doe.
does2 (duz),USA pronunciation v.
- a 3rd pers. sing. pres. indic. of do 1.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Bigbig1 (big),USA pronunciation adj., big•ger, big•gest, adv., n.
- large, as in size, height, width, or amount: a big house; a big quantity.
- of major concern, importance, gravity, or the like: a big problem.
- outstanding for a specified quality: a big liar; a big success.
- important, as in influence, standing, or wealth: a big man in his field.
mature: big enough to know better.
- elder: my big sister.
- doing business or conducted on a large scale;
major in size or importance: big government.
- consisting of the largest or most influential companies in an industry: Big steel wants to lower prices, but the smaller mills don't.
- [Informal.]known or used widely;
popular: Nouvelle cuisine became big in the 1970s.
kindly: big enough to forgive.
haughty: a big talker.
orotund: a big voice.
- (of clothing or a clothing design) made of or distinguished by voluminous fabric that is loosely or softly shaped and fitted: a big shirt; the big look.
- (of a wine) having more than average flavor, body, and alcoholic content.
brimming: eyes big with tears.
- [Chiefly South Midland and Southern U.S.]pregnant.
- [Obs.]very strong;
- be big on, to have a special liking or enthusiasm for: Mother is big on family get-togethers.
- big with child. See great (def. 17).
pretentiously: to act big; to talk big.
- with great success;
successfully: to go over big.
- the bigs, the highest level of professional competition, as the major leagues in baseball.
Househouse (n., adj. hous;v. houz),USA pronunciation n., pl. hous•es (hou′ziz),USA pronunciation v., housed, hous•ing, adj.
- a building in which people live;
residence for human beings.
- a household.
- (often cap.) a family, including ancestors and descendants: the great houses of France; the House of Hapsburg.
- a building for any purpose: a house of worship.
- a theater, concert hall, or auditorium: a vaudeville house.
- the audience of a theater or the like.
- a place of shelter for an animal, bird, etc.
- the building in which a legislative or official deliberative body meets.
- (cap.) the body itself, esp. of a bicameral legislature: the House of Representatives.
- a quorum of such a body.
- (often cap.) a commercial establishment;
business firm: the House of Rothschild; a publishing house.
- a gambling casino.
- the management of a commercial establishment or of a gambling casino: rules of the house.
- an advisory or deliberative group, esp. in church or college affairs.
- a college in an English-type university.
- a residential hall in a college or school;
- the members or residents of any such residential hall.
- a brothel;
- a variety of lotto or bingo played with paper and pencil, esp. by soldiers as a gambling game.
- Also called parish. [Curling.]the area enclosed by a circle 12 or 14 ft. (3.7 or 4.2 m) in diameter at each end of the rink, having the tee in the center.
- any enclosed shelter above the weather deck of a vessel: bridge house; deck house.
- one of the 12 divisions of the celestial sphere, numbered counterclockwise from the point of the eastern horizon.
- bring down the house, to call forth vigorous applause from an audience;
be highly successful: The children's performances brought down the house.
- clean house. See clean (def. 46).
- dress the house, [Theat.]
- to fill a theater with many people admitted on free passes;
paper the house.
- to arrange or space the seating of patrons in such a way as to make an audience appear larger or a theater or nightclub more crowded than it actually is.
- keep house, to maintain a home;
manage a household.
- like a house on fire or afire, very quickly;
with energy or enthusiasm: The new product took off like a house on fire.
- on the house, as a gift from the management;
free: Tonight the drinks are on the house.
- put or set one's house in order:
- to settle one's affairs.
- to improve one's behavior or correct one's faults: It is easy to criticize others, but it would be better to put one's own house in order first.
- to put or receive into a house, dwelling, or living quarters: More than 200 students were housed in the dormitory.
- to give shelter to;
lodge: to house flood victims in schools.
- to provide with a place to work, study, or the like: This building houses our executive staff.
- to provide storage space for;
be a receptacle for or repository of: The library houses 600,000 books.
- to remove from exposure;
put in a safe place.
- to stow securely.
- to lower (an upper mast) and make secure, as alongside the lower mast.
- to heave (an anchor) home.
- to fit the end or edge of (a board or the like) into a notch, hole, or groove.
- to form (a joint) between two pieces of wood by fitting the end or edge of one into a dado of the other.
- to take shelter;
- of, pertaining to, or noting a house.
- for or suitable for a house: house paint.
- of or being a product made by or for a specific retailer and often sold under the store's own label: You'll save money on the radio if you buy the house brand.
- served by a restaurant as its customary brand: the house wine.
Holdhold1 (hōld),USA pronunciation v., held;
held or (Archaic) hold•en;
- to have or keep in the hand;
grasp: She held the purse in her right hand. He held the child's hand in his.
- to set aside;
reserve or retain: to hold merchandise until called for; to hold a reservation.
- to bear, sustain, or support, as with the hands or arms, or by any other means.
- to keep in a specified state, relation, etc.: The preacher held them spellbound.
- to detain: The police held him at the station house.
- to engage in;
carry on: to hold a meeting.
- to keep back from action;
restrain: Fear held him from acting.
- to have the ownership or use of;
keep as one's own;
occupy: to hold political office.
- to contain or be capable of containing: This bottle holds a quart.
- to bind or make accountable to an obligation: We will hold you to your promise to pay back the money.
- to have or keep in the mind;
think or believe: We hold this belief.
- to regard or consider: to hold a person responsible.
- to decide legally.
- to consider of a certain value;
rate: We held her best of all the applicants.
- to keep forcibly, as against an adversary: Enemy forces held the hill.
- to point, aim, or direct: He held a gun on the prisoner. The firefighter held a hose on the blaze.
- to sustain (a note, chord, or rest).
- to omit from the usual order or combination: Give me a burger well-done—hold the pickle.
- to remain or continue in a specified state, relation, etc.: Hold still while I take your picture.
- to remain fast;
cling: Will this button hold?
- to keep or maintain a grasp on something.
- to maintain one's position against opposition;
continue in resistance.
- to agree or side (usually fol. by with): to hold with new methods.
- to hold property by some tenure;
derive title (usually fol. by by, from, in, or of ).
- to remain attached, faithful, or steadfast (usually fol. by to): to hold to one's purpose.
- to remain valid;
be in force: The rule does not hold.
- to refrain or forbear (usually used imperatively).
- hold back:
- to restrain or check: Police held back the crowd.
- to retain possession of;
keep back: He held back ten dollars.
- to refrain from revealing;
withhold: to hold back information.
- to refrain from participating or engaging in some activity: He held back from joining in the singing because he felt depressed.
- dodge (def. 2).
- hold down:
- to restrain;
check: Hold down that noise!
- to continue to hold and manage well: She held down that job for years.
- hold forth:
- to extend or offer;
- to talk at great length;
harangue: When we left, he was still holding forth on World War II.
- hold in:
- to restrain;
- to contain oneself;
exercise restraint: He was raging inside, but held himself in for fear of saying something he would regret.
- hold off:
- to keep at a distance;
- to postpone action;
defer: If you hold off applying for a passport, you may not get one in time.
- hold on:
- to keep a firm grip on.
- to keep going;
- to maintain, as one's opinion or position.
- to stop;
halt (usually used imperatively): Hold on now! That isn't what I meant at all.
- to keep a telephone connection open by not hanging up the receiver: The operator asked us to hold on while the number we'd dialed was being checked.
- hold one's own. See own (def. 5).
- hold one's peace. See peace (def. 12).
- hold one's tongue. See tongue (def. 25).
- hold out:
- to present;
- to stretch forth;
extend: Hold out your hand.
- to continue to exist;
last: Will the food hold out?
- to refuse to yield or submit: The defenders held out for weeks.
- to withhold something expected or due: He was suspected of holding out information important to the case.
- hold over:
- to keep for future consideration or action;
- to remain in possession or in office beyond the regular term.
- to remain beyond the arranged period: The movie was held over for a week.
- to prolong (a tone) from one measure to the next.
- hold up:
- to offer;
give: She held up his father as an example to follow.
- to present to notice;
expose: to hold someone up to ridicule.
- to hinder;
delay: The plane's departure was held up because of the storm.
- to stop by force in order to rob.
- to support;
uphold: to hold up farm prices.
- to stop;
halt: They held up at the gate.
- to maintain one's position or condition;
endure: They held up through all their troubles.
- hold water. See water (def. 17).
- hold with:
- to be in agreement with;
concur with: I don't hold with his pessimistic views.
- to approve of;
condone: They won't hold with such a travesty of justice.
- an act of holding fast by a grasp of the hand or by some other physical means;
grip: Take hold. Do you have a hold on the rope?
- something to hold a thing by, as a handle;
something to grasp, esp. for support.
- something that holds fast or supports something else.
- an order reserving something: to put a hold on a library book.
- [Finance.]a security purchased or recommended for long-term growth.
- a controlling force or dominating influence: to have a hold on a person.
- [Wrestling.]a method of seizing an opponent and keeping him in control: a toe hold.
- a pause or delay, as in a continuing series: a hold in the movements of a dance.
- a prison or prison cell.
- a receptacle for something: a basket used as a hold for letters.
- a halt in the prelaunch countdown, either planned or unexpectedly called, to allow correction of one or more faults in the rocket or missile.
- a fortified place;
- (on telephones with two or more lines) a feature that enables a person to maintain a connection on one line while answering another line.
- get hold of:
- to get a hold on: Get hold of the railing.
- to communicate with, esp. by telephone: If she's not at home, try to get hold of her at the office.
- no holds barred, without limits, rules, or restraints.
- on hold:
- in or into a state of temporary interruption or suspension: The project will be put on hold until funds become available.
- in or into a state of temporary interruption in a telephone connection: I'm putting you on hold to answer another call.Cf. call waiting.
Nicenice (nīs),USA pronunciation adj., nic•er, nic•est.
delightful: a nice visit.
- amiably pleasant;
kind: They are always nice to strangers.
- characterized by, showing, or requiring great accuracy, precision, skill, tact, care, or delicacy: nice workmanship; a nice shot; a nice handling of a crisis.
- showing or indicating very small differences;
minutely accurate, as instruments: a job that requires nice measurements.
- minute, fine, or subtle: a nice distinction.
- having or showing delicate, accurate perception: a nice sense of color.
- refined in manners, language, etc.: Nice people wouldn't do such things.
decorous: a nice girl.
- suitable or proper: That was not a nice remark.
- carefully neat in dress, habits, etc.
- (esp. of food) dainty or delicate.
- having fastidious, finicky, or fussy tastes: They're much too nice in their dining habits to enjoy an outdoor barbecue.
- [Obs.]coy, shy, or reluctant.
- make nice, to behave in a friendly, ingratiating, or conciliatory manner.
- nice and, sufficiently: It's nice and warm in here.
Howdy , this blog post is about How Many People Does The Big House Hold Nice Look #1 Wikipedia. This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 1104 x 737. This picture's file size is only 86 KB. If You ought to save This blog post to Your PC, you could Click here. You could also see more pictures by clicking the image below or read more at this article: How Many People Does The Big House Hold.
One of many things that establish the sweetness of the How Many People Does The Big House Hold may be the room's theme. One of the themes that people must attempt is the bohemian style. Although the Bohemian empire is definitely extinct, the planet area in this style's likes nevertheless have not faded. Particularly when you and a minimalist style that's straightforward merge it, but still cross-eyed.
That is it room decor minimalist style Bohemian. Easy steps to execute nan chic is always to show your products. Charms, bracelets, earrings and scarves usually are located in a box, put it on a hanger. It may be on the wall hanger or on the table. Cultural motifs or wallpaper floral in vibrant hues can make beautiful and your place instantly boho.
Not things How Many People Does The Big House Hold Nice Look #1 Wikipedia inside the class. Bohemian style bedroom isn't exactly like model that is decorating pleasing teen's place. Bohemian prefer feminism and Western ethnic character that is solid. Don't neglect to place two indoor plants that are potted or one within the room. Bloom may die. But, it would be better if plants that are live are used by you as being a language- in law holding or clinging flowers.
More Photos on How Many People Does The Big House Hold Nice Look #1 Wikipedia
- Contemporary Beach House Interiors
- Online Baby Bath Tub
- Interior Village
- Black Computer Armoire
- Large Ceiling Lamp Shades
- Lara Lamp
- Liquidation Furniture Stores
- Interior Part
- Mini Chandelier Pendant Lights
- 27 Bar Stools
- Best Light Beer
- Lithonia Lighting 4 Ft Wraparound Fluorescent Ceiling Fixture
- Durex Comfort Condom
- Bauhaus Loveseat
- Clean Roof Shingles
- Littlewoods Rugs