Old Soldiers Home Dc #1 Wikipedia
Oldold (ōld),USA pronunciation adj., old•er, old•est or eld•er, eld•est, n.
- far advanced in the years of one's or its life: an old man; an old horse; an old tree.
- of or pertaining to the latter part of the life or term of existence of a person or thing: old age.
- as if or appearing to be far advanced in years: Worry had made him old.
- having lived or existed for a specified time: a man 30 years old; a century-old organization.
- having lived or existed as specified with relation to younger or newer persons or things: Jim is our oldest boy.
- having been aged for a specified time: This whiskey is eight years old.
- having been aged for a comparatively long time: old brandy.
- long known or in use: the same old excuse.
- overfamiliar to the point of tedium: That joke gets old fast.
- belonging to the past: the good old days.
- having been in existence since the distant past: a fine old family.
- no longer in general use: This typewriter is an old model.
- acquired, made, or in use by one prior to the acquisition, making, or use of something more recent: When the new house was built, we sold the old one.
- of, pertaining to, or originating at an earlier period or date: old maps.
ancient: There may have been an old land bridge between Asia and Alaska.
- (cap.) (of a language) in its oldest known period, as attested by the earliest written records: Old Czech.
- experienced: He's an old hand at welding.
- of long standing;
having been such for a comparatively long time: an old and trusted employee.
- (of colors) dull, faded, or subdued: old rose.
- deteriorated through age or long use;
worn, decayed, or dilapidated: old clothes.
- [Physical Geog.](of landforms) far advanced in reduction by erosion or the like.
- sedate, sensible, mature, or wise: That child seems old beyond his years.
- (used to indicate affection, familiarity, disparagement, or a personalization): good old Bob; that dirty old jalopy.
- (used as an intensive) great;
uncommon: a high old time.
having been so formerly: a dinner for his old students.
- (used with a pl. v.) old persons collectively (usually prec. by the): appropriations to care for the old.
- a person or animal of a specified age or age group (used in combination): a class for six-year-olds; a horse race for three-year-olds.
- old or former time, often time long past: days of old.
Soldierssol•dier (sōl′jər),USA pronunciation n.
- a person who serves in an army;
a person engaged in military service.
- an enlisted man or woman, as distinguished from a commissioned officer: the soldiers' mess and the officers' mess.
- a person of military skill or experience: George Washington was a great soldier.
- a person who contends or serves in any cause: a soldier of the Lord.
- Also called button man. [Slang.]a low-ranking member of a crime organization or syndicate.
- [Entomol.]a member of a caste of sexually underdeveloped female ants or termites specialized, as with powerful jaws, to defend the colony from invaders.
- a brick laid vertically with the narrower long face out. Cf. rowlock (def. 2).
- a person who avoids work or pretends to work;
- to act or serve as a soldier.
- [Informal.]to loaf while pretending to work;
malinger: He was soldiering on the job.
- soldier on, to persist steadfastly in one's work;
persevere: to soldier on until the work is done.
Homehome (hōm),USA pronunciation n., adj., adv., v., homed, hom•ing.
- a house, apartment, or other shelter that is the usual residence of a person, family, or household.
- the place in which one's domestic affections are centered.
- an institution for the homeless, sick, etc.: a nursing home.
- the dwelling place or retreat of an animal.
- the place or region where something is native or most common.
- any place of residence or refuge: a heavenly home.
- a person's native place or own country.
- (in games) the destination or goal.
- a principal base of operations or activities: The new stadium will be the home of the local football team.
- [Baseball.]See home plate.
- [Lacrosse.]one of three attack positions nearest the opposing goal.
- at home:
- in one's own house or place of residence.
- in one's own town or country.
- prepared or willing to receive social visits: Tell him I'm not at home. We are always at home to her.
- in a situation familiar to one;
at ease: She has a way of making everyone feel at home.
proficient: to be at home in the classics.
- played in one's hometown or on one's own grounds: The Yankees played two games at home and one away.
- of, pertaining to, or connected with one's home or country;
domestic: home products.
- principal or main: the corporation's home office.
- reaching the mark aimed at: a home thrust.
- played in a ball park, arena, or the like, that is or is assumed to be the center of operations of a team: The pitcher didn't lose a single home game all season.Cf. away (def. 14).
- to, toward, or at home: to go home.
to the heart: The truth of the accusation struck home.
- to the mark or point aimed at: He drove the point home.
- into the position desired;
perfectly or to the greatest possible extent: sails sheeted home.
- in the proper, stowed position: The anchor is home.
- toward its vessel: to bring the anchor home.
- bring home to, to make evident to;
clarify or emphasize for: The irrevocability of her decision was brought home to her.
- home and dry, having safely achieved one's goal.
- home free:
- assured of finishing, accomplishing, succeeding, etc.: If we can finish more than half the work today, we'll be home free.
- certain to be successfully finished, accomplished, secured, etc.: With most of the voters supporting it, the new law is home free.
- write home about, to comment especially on;
remark on: The town was nothing to write home about. His cooking is really something to write home about.
- to go or return home.
- (of guided missiles, aircraft, etc.) to proceed, esp. under control of an automatic aiming mechanism, toward a specified target, as a plane, missile, or location (often fol. by in on): The missile homed in on the target.
- to navigate toward a point by means of coordinates other than those given by altitudes.
- to have a home where specified;
- to bring or send home.
- to provide with a home.
- to direct, esp. under control of an automatic aiming device, toward an airport, target, etc.
- dental corps.
- direct current.
- District of Columbia (approved esp. for use with zip code).
- da capo.
- Dictionary of Canadianisms.
- [Elect.]direct current.
- See District of Columbia.
- Doctor of Chiropractic.
direct current.Also, d.c.
Hi peoples, this picture is about Old Soldiers Home Dc #1 Wikipedia. This picture is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 1152 x 709. It's file size is only 187 KB. If You want to download It to Your computer, you might Click here. You also also see more images by clicking the image below or see more at here: Old Soldiers Home Dc.
On picking a garden bench ready-made, tips. Additionally, for those of you who wish to obtain a park table, look for costs to match the budget-you have and requirements. In identifying the purchase price is just a consideration how the garden table you utilize along with the budget, it ought to be measured. Alter how big the table and chair designs using the size and style of the garden.
Selecting a Old Soldiers Home Dc is becoming a crucial part of the park's layout because it is nowadays. This can be the idea of view not in-use in addition to performance like a fit. Numerous models of garden beds in many cases are found on the market. But the collection of straightforward style and combination with the park is the selection that is greatest.
Choosing outdoor tricky, not merely any Old Soldiers Home Dc #1 Wikipedia furniture can be positioned on the rooftop or backyard. In just a short time the temperature will rapidly damages the seat if any. Garden beds are employed often made from steel, bamboo, lumber, a plastic. This kind of substance is quite challenging to ascertain whether or not when it comes to maintenance. For example made from timber and iron, should not be exposed to rainfall or sunlight immediately. Since the substance is easily ruined. Chairs are constructed with metal avoided wherever possible, offered the character of quickly corroded then a painting should be performed every specified time frame.