Familyfam•i•ly (fam′ə lē, fam′lē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -lies, adj.
- parents and their children, considered as a group, whether dwelling together or not.
- the children of one person or one couple collectively: We want a large family.
- the spouse and children of one person: We're taking the family on vacation next week.
- any group of persons closely related by blood, as parents, children, uncles, aunts, and cousins: to marry into a socially prominent family.
- all those persons considered as descendants of a common progenitor.
- [Chiefly Brit.]approved lineage, esp. noble, titled, famous, or wealthy ancestry: young men of family.
- a group of persons who form a household under one head, including parents, children, and servants.
- the staff, or body of assistants, of an official: the office family.
- a group of related things or people: the family of romantic poets; the halogen family of elements.
- a group of people who are generally not blood relations but who share common attitudes, interests, or goals and, frequently, live together: Many hippie communes of the sixties regarded themselves as families.
- a group of products or product models made by the same manufacturer or producer.
- the usual major subdivision of an order or suborder in the classification of plants, animals, fungi, etc., usually consisting of several genera.
- [Slang.]a unit of the Mafia or Cosa Nostra operating in one area under a local leader.
- the largest category into which languages related by common origin can be classified with certainty: Indo-European, Sino-Tibetan, and Austronesian are the most widely spoken families of languages.Cf. stock (def. 12), subfamily (def. 2).
- a given class of solutions of the same basic equation, differing from one another only by the different values assigned to the constants in the equation.
- a class of functions or the like defined by an expression containing a parameter.
- a set.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a family: a family trait.
- belonging to or used by a family: a family automobile; a family room.
- suitable or appropriate for adults and children: a family amusement park.
- not containing obscene language: a family newspaper.
- in a or the family way, pregnant.
Namename (nām),USA pronunciation n., v., named, nam•ing, adj.
- a word or a combination of words by which a person, place, or thing, a body or class, or any object of thought is designated, called, or known.
- mere designation, as distinguished from fact: He was a king in name only.
- an appellation, title, or epithet, applied descriptively, in honor, abuse, etc.
- a reputation of a particular kind given by common opinion: to protect one's good name.
- a distinguished, famous, or great reputation;
fame: to make a name for oneself.
- a widely known or famous person;
celebrity: She's a name in show business.
- an unpleasant or derogatory appellation or expression: Don't call your brother names! Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.
- a personal or family name as exercising influence or bringing distinction: With that name they can get a loan at any bank in town.
- a body of persons grouped under one name, as a family or clan.
- the verbal or other symbolic representation of a thing, event, property, relation, or concept.
- (cap.) a symbol or vehicle of divinity: to take the Name in vain; the power of the Name.
- by name:
individually: She was always careful to address every employee by name.
- not personally;
by repute: I know him by name only.
- call names, to scold or speak abusively of or to a person: Better not to call names unless one is larger and considerably stronger than one's adversary.
- in the name of:
- with appeal to: In the name of mercy, stop that screaming!
- by the authority of: Open, in the name of the law!
- on behalf of: to purchase something in the name of another.
- under the name or possession of: money deposited in the name of a son.
- under the designation or excuse of: murder in the name of justice.
- to one's name, in one's possession: I haven't a penny to my name.
- to give a name to: to name a baby.
- to accuse: He was named as the thief.
- to call by an epithet: They named her speedy.
- to identify, specify, or mention by name: Three persons were named in the report.
- to designate for some duty or office;
nominate or appoint: I have named you for the position.
- to specify;
suggest: Name a price.
- to give the name of: Can you name the capital of Ohio?
- to speak of.
- [Brit.](in the House of Commons) to cite (a member) for contempt.
- name names, to specify people by name, esp. those who have been accomplices in a misdeed: The witness in the bribery investigation threatened to name names.
widely known: a name author.
- designed for or carrying a name.
- giving its name or title to a collection or anthology containing it: the name piece.
Wallwall (wôl),USA pronunciation n.
- any of various permanent upright constructions having a length much greater than the thickness and presenting a continuous surface except where pierced by doors, windows, etc.: used for shelter, protection, or privacy, or to subdivide interior space, to support floors, roofs, or the like, to retain earth, to fence in an area, etc.
- Usually, walls. a rampart raised for defensive purposes.
- an immaterial or intangible barrier, obstruction, etc., suggesting a wall: a wall of prejudice.
- a wall-like, enclosing part, thing, mass, etc.: a wall of fire; a wall of troops.
- an embankment to prevent flooding, as a levee or sea wall.
- the Wall. See Berlin Wall.
- the outermost film or layer of structural material protecting, surrounding, and defining the physical limits of an object: the wall of a blood cell.
- the side of a level or drift.
- the overhanging or underlying side of a vein;
a hanging wall or footwall.
- climb the walls or climb walls, to become tense or frantic: climbing the walls with boredom.
- drive or push to the wall, to force into a desperate situation;
humiliate or ruin completely: Not content with merely winning the match, they used every opportunity to push the inferior team to the wall.
- go over the wall, to break out of prison: Roadblocks have been set up in an effort to capture several convicts who went over the wall.
- go to the wall:
- to be defeated in a conflict or competition;
- to fail in business, esp. to become bankrupt.
- to be put aside or forgotten.
- to take an extreme and determined position or measure: I'd go to the wall to stop him from resigning.
- hit the wall, (of long-distance runners) to reach a point in a race, usually after 20 miles, when the body's fuels are virtually depleted and willpower becomes crucial to be able to finish.
- off the wall:
- beyond the realm of acceptability or reasonableness: The figure you quoted for doing the work is off the wall.
- markedly out of the ordinary;
bizarre: Some of the clothes in the fashion show were too off the wall for the average customer.
- up against the wall:
- placed against a wall to be executed by a firing squad.
- in a crucial or critical position, esp. one in which defeat or failure seems imminent: Unless sales improve next month, the company will be up against the wall.
- up the wall, into an acutely frantic, frustrated, or irritated state: The constant tension in the office is driving everyone up the wall.
- of or pertaining to a wall: wall space.
- growing against or on a wall: wall plants; wall cress.
- situated, placed, or installed in or on a wall: wall oven; a wall safe.
- to enclose, shut off, divide, protect, border, etc., with or as if with a wall (often fol. by in or off): to wall the yard; to wall in the play area; He is walled in by lack of opportunity.
- to seal or fill (a doorway or other opening) with a wall: to wall an unused entrance.
- to seal or entomb (something or someone) within a wall (usually fol. by up): The workmen had walled up the cat quite by mistake.
Howdy peoples, this blog post is about Family Name Wall Sticker ( Name Stickers For Bedroom Walls #4). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 810 x 810. It's file size is only 80 KB. Wether You desired to download It to Your laptop, you should Click here. You may also see more pictures by clicking the following photo or see more at this article: Name Stickers For Bedroom Walls.
Undoubtedly you'll experience comfortable cooking in case your Family Name Wall Sticker ( Name Stickers For Bedroom Walls #4) appears clear and tidy. With a comfortable kitchen, cooking is pleasurable, since the style of food depends on people that are cooking's disposition and also the outcome would be the maximum that the recipes will taste better.
Consequently, the kitchen additionally takes attention to produce it more interesting. Furthermore, you will definitely feel better using a kitchen that is pleasant. Hence the set of kitchen design with clay that makes it beautiful and desirable. Wall comes in various materials, styles, measurements, patterns and also the manifold's installation. You can even work with a wall dining bedroom room or bathroom.
We have a whole lot on the Family Name Wall Sticker ( Name Stickers For Bedroom Walls #4)'s layout together with ways to increase the quality of our kitchen. Now we shall offer you a few ideas to generate your home more wonderful with tiled surfaces. The kitchen is usually situated indoors and away from the entrance, but there's also akitchen which can be quickly visible in the living area.
Layout your kitchen with stunning, your temper is likewise often good-and the cook turned cool. Here we fix some trial pictures home having a minimalist model, with a home similar to this inside the kitchen you will usually immaculate.
More Designs on Family Name Wall Sticker ( Name Stickers For Bedroom Walls #4)
- Garage Door Spring Chart
- Apparatus Lighting
- Cottages In Crackington Haven
- Nyt Travel Section
- Hutchinson Emergency Room
- Beautiful Patio Furniture
- Flame Mahogany Chest Of Drawers
- 50 Birthday Decorations
- Dog Leash Hook Rack
- Avenger Wall Lights
- Garage Automobile
- Lafayette Section 8
- Bso Box Office
- Orthopedic Twin Mattress
- Nickel Ceiling Light
- Collapsible Clothes Rack